Calling on my DC friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I just talked to one of my good friends from the place I used to work, Well A year ago just before we lost our jobs(March) he had a seizure for no apparent reason. He was going to get his CDL to drive truck because thats the only jobs available in our area. DMV told him he had to be seizure free for a year before he could get one, andup until Mondayhe was. He had another seizure Monday, and cant get any answers as to why. He is a very good friend and I worry about him terribly. With in the last 18 months he's had to deal with finding out his blood sugar was through the roof, which he got under control by changing his diet. having a seizure, losing his job, and now another seizure. Add to that he no longer has insurance.
If everyone could just keep him in your thoughts and prayers, I would greatly appreciate it.

positive thoughts and energy coming his way, mikki.

phew, now i've got that "one positive thing" done today, that lefse guilt tripped us with...

Thanks guys, he's like a big brother to me. A very closed person, so when he lets a little out I know it's really bothering him. And I don't like to see him like that.

I'll keep him in my thoughts. My bf had 4 seizures last tuesday and they don't know why he had them either. He's 29, I had to call the squad pretty scary seeing someone you love go through that. He has my best wishes.

Barb L, He said the Drs have no clue and because he hasn't had them regularly they probably never would find the cause. I told him I think stress has something to do with it. First seizure losing his job and not knowing what was going to happen. This one his hours got cut and they don't know when they will need him more. Makes it tough to pay bills.

krichardson- he has only had 2 almost a year apart, that's what's strange.

My bf had 4 seizures between the hours of 6:45 and 9:45 am. Scary and strange, nothing like that has ever happened before, I've known him for 10 years. I didn't know anything about seizures until a week ago, now I know that there are a million and one causes to the stupid things. I really hope that they find the cause for your friend so that he can move on with his life. It is not fun just sitting and waiting for the unknown to happen. I'm sending him my most positive thoughts right now!!!!!!!!
P.S. My bf's been fine ever since, we had to spend one night in the hospital, he lost some memory but it's improving every day.

...I told him I think stress has something to do with it. First seizure losing his job and not knowing what was going to happen...
I was just wondering about that myself. I know from my own experience that job stress can affect your health. Also, knowing that he had that one year deadline had to be stressful. I am adding him to my prayers.

:)Barbara

Thanks Barbara, I told him he needed to relax for a few days but being stubborn he was out working on a car, told him if he needed to talk he knows my number. I think I'll call him in a day or so to see how he is.

Thanks Barbara, I told him he needed to relax for a few days but being stubborn he was out working on a car, told him if he needed to talk he knows my number. I think I'll call him in a day or so to see how he is.
Some people feel more relaxed when working on something than just sitting around. So working on the car may have been good for him. :cool:

:)Barbara

Except when he gets mad because it's not comming apart like it suppose to. LOL then He throws things. I guess either way he's letting off steam LOL

I agree, B. My 60 year old cousin had her first major seizure at age 52 and for no reason. She is now on phenlybarbitol and Texas will not permit her to drive. So she stays home, takes care of my 85 year old aunt, and is now taking online courses. She only has them ever so often but because of the meds they are mild and don't last long. I'm so sorry for your friend, Mikki, how frustrating. I certainly will pray for you friend that his seizures can be helped so that he can go back to work.

Except when he gets mad because it's not comming apart like it suppose to. LOL then He throws things. I guess either way he's letting off steam LOL
Sounds like James when he is working on something! He is never happier than when he is challenged by something he is working on! He always says he would rather have something used, that he worked on and got working right, than to have something new.

:cool:Barbara

Mikki,
your friend has all the good thoughts and prayers I have to give.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom