Can you name the 50 states in 10 minutes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed five states, but apparently spelling makes a difference in this quiz because I didnt spell Massachusetts correctly. I missed Alaska, Hawaii, Delaware, Virginia, and Mass.

I got them all with about 3 minutes left to go....except for Maryland! I just couldn't think of that last one:(

TATTRAT said:
I don't think I could type fast enough.

True, typing fast does make a difference as well. Fun though even if you miss a few states.

I did it and had 07:46 left!
Would have been better, but I couldn't spell conn.

(I learned that silly little song when I was in the first grade and haven't forgotten it-guess it did come in handy!)

jkath said:
(I learned that silly little song when I was in the first grade and haven't forgotten it-guess it did come in handy!)

a LITTLE song? Lemme guess, it had atleast 50 words? I see you have been super genius from a very young age;)

jkath said:
I did it and had 07:46 left!
Would have been better, but I couldn't spell conn.

Omg- that is amazing! It took me 3 tries to get them all. Vermont, massachusetts, nevada, and oklahoma were hard for me to remember, in general.

TATTRAT said:
a LITTLE song? Lemme guess, it had atleast 50 words? I see you have been super genius from a very young age;)
um, yeah...that's it! Am I the only one? It does them alphabetically.
I also used it a lot in the 5th grade...for other reasons: when we'd get in trouble, we had to stay in at recess and write down all 50 states and their capitals (it was curriculum). I was forever talking in class (gee, that's hard to believe, eh?)
I'd write it down fast so I wouldn't miss the tetherball championships.

Here's the song:

Fifty Nifty United States

jkath ~ me too! I used to sing the states song as a kid. Then again, my mom made me learn the capitals, too, when I was in 1st grade. I learned a different song.

i was done in 5 min, but I couldn't figure out why I was missing one ~ turns out I HADN't typed NY even though I thought i had. And when the song failed me, I went mentally vertically down the map! So I got 'em with 2:20 to spare.

Yeah, I wasted good chunk of 10 minutes trying to figure out how to spell "Massachusetts" correctly:wacko:

But in the end I got 48 of 50, I forgot Nebraska and Oklahoma, not that I didn't know they existed, just a blip on my memory... however I suppose it is not bad for someone who hasn't been to the stateside for the last 6 1/2 years!:)

I DID IT!!!

I named all 50 states in 10 minutes.

I named Alaska "Fluffy"
I named Alabama "Boo"
I named Arkansas "Rascle"

:mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

P.S. Actually, there are only two states that I'm intimately familiar with. Intoxication and Confusion. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
You forgot:Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Vermont, Wisconsin,

Ugh!!! and that is with 2 of us trying to guess them all!!!!

Sheesh! I did the same as Buckytom but the one I couldn't come up with until 1 minute 27 seconds from the end was Maine.

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom