Car Opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
What does everyone think of the new Kia Forte? I am doing some work with them right now and would love everyones opinion.
kia.forte.039a-small_opt.jpg

Based solely on looks, I am unimpressed. It looks kind of like a Mazda and i think Mazda's styling leaves a lot to be desired.

I have nothing against Kia. I own a Kia Sorento with the sports package and I love it. It drives very well, is very comfortable, and looks great (it is identical in looks to one of the Lexus SUV's, I just don't recall which one). The Forte just does not do it for me.

Same here, not impressed. Did rent a Kia Amanti and was very impressed. It was fully loaded, had all the bells and whistles. Drove it for a week and for a car it ain't too shabby.
Only downfall was it was a car. Always feel like I'm sitting on the ground and everyone is looking down on me. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and love it!

The car has a lot of great standard options [FONT=&quot]including Bluetooth, Sirius Satellite Radio and USB/MP3 and up to 36 mpg highway that are all a nice plus. Thanks again for your opinion on the car.
[/FONT]

Hoping to build on that success, Kia has launched its new 2010 Forte, replacing the Spectra that failed to stand out among cars like the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Mazda3. The striking design is much more appealing than the comparatively staid Spectra, and the available 2.4-liter inline-four comes with an impressive 173 horsepower.

HThe striking design is much more appealing than the comparatively staid Spectra
I would hardly call it a striking design. Quite the opposite actually. I find it plain and boring and nothing exciting or striking about it at all.

Back
Top Bottom