Carpet cleaning dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
guys, if you've got advice on cleaning a few fussy stans i cannot remove, please...

i'd really appreciate your advice. it involves not only spilled diet coke, also kitty got ill right by the stain.

we plan to get a carpet steamer soon. scrubbing is not lifting these stains & i'm scared cause i need my security deposit!!!!!!!

thanks a million!!

I have always had good luck with white vinegar and warm water. I know this may sound gross, but what did kitty throw up. Some kitty foods and treats have a food coloring in them and will stain carpet.

thnaks! i'm gonna try sponging on a vinegar solution.
kitty stained my carpet with dry food.

luvs ~ how long have you lived where you live? There's time limits on what they can deduct for normal wear and tear.

I have cats so I am well acquainted with kitty puke. I use Woolite and have really good luck with it removing stubborn kitty stains.

Raising two boys and being a clean freak I am well trained in this :)

My favorite is Resolve hands down along with OxyClean.

I spray Resolve heavily in soiled spots and leave it for atleast 30 minutes or so to do it's magic.

Then I use a clean white towel to apply elbow grease. Next step is to vaccum over it and viola it's gone.

If it's an extremely stubborn stain I just mix oxyclean powder with water to make a thick paste and keep it for 30 minutes. Again use the same process.

callostio, 1 year. i renewed my lease a few weeks ago.

i don't own woolite, although-

yakuta, i love your idea. it's similar to how i clean my Chef's whites. especially the resolve/oxy-clean combo.

now we're talking.

thanks very much!!

luvs, make a loose paste of OxiClean and rub it on the stain. Pour water on it to rinse and blot the excess. Only takes a couple of minutes and the stain will be gone. The rest of your carpet might look dingy though! LOL! OK, and for future reference, if your cat barfs on your rug gently "pick up" as much of the solid as you can (with a paper towel) and then cover it with another paper towel and let it dry out for a couple of days. Then brush it with a scrub brush and vacuum up the "bits". I guarantee no stain. Trust me, I've been cleaning up that kind of mess for years and if you do it that way, no stains. Good luck!

thanks, alix!
oxyclean's great stuff.
i like your tip fer brushing out dry stains, too!
'kay, i'm ready to scrub soon.

thanks again, guys.

Trust me luvs. I have cleaned up a lot of cat barf. Its not pretty, but it works. Hope it works for you.

I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents here. having a 2 year old son and a husband
who does landscape construction and rebuilds cars in his spare time, I am
intimately familiar with carpet stains!! but I have one that I cannot
remove-it is a red dye stain from a powdered diet raspberry drink.
any suggestions?

Did you try the boiling water trick? Before you do, can you tell me what else you did? And I would go with the OxiClean paste and let it sit a bit before rinsing it out if the boiling water doesn't work.

As a rule of thumb, boiling water from a small height poured onto any berry stain will remove it. On clothes or on a carpet.

what have I tried? more like what HAVEN'T I tried. but I have tried Oxy.
I have tried Resolve, a homemade stain remover made from vinegar, milk,
borax and lemon juice ( which incidentally kicks the crap out of permanent
marker and other ink stains on clothes ) heavy duty laundry bar soap and
the list goes on. that spot is probably just waiting for me to dump just one
more thing on it and then it's gonna spontaneously combust!!

Gotcha. OK, well then I would go with the boiling water trick. Boil your kettle and then from a height of about 12 inches above the stain pour the water on it. I don't know if it will work, but at this point it couldn't hurt. I reread your post and realized it isn't actual berry juice its the dry stuff. I think I would try the Oxy paste first. Make it thick and leave it on for an hour or so before rinsing. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom