"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by GB
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the carpet powder she is using is going to cause a problem. I am simply saying that powders can act as an abrasive, but water and shampoo are not hard on a carpet at all. Water and shampoo might not always clean stains as well as you want (see my above posts), but they will not damage a carpet at all.
~~~~Gotcha GB!

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #12
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
I have a hoover and I love it, it has heated cleaning function with rotating brushes, I had a dirt devil before that and hated it...
but I love my new one, and it is awesome on stains...

kimbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:27 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
Long ago, I sold carpet. The biggest problems I encountered was people using too much detergent when the steam clean. It can leave a residue that will attract dirt.

As far as stains go, I always suggested treating the stain with a spot remover, putting a wad of paper towels over the stain and putting some weight on the towels. The stain will wick into the paper towels. Three kids later and this is still the best technique I've used--outside of professional cleaning.
vyapti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #14
Senior Cook
I bought an el cheapo Bissell Quicksteamer (training the pup to go toilet outside was not going well....) Its great for spot touches, but I would suggest you upgrade to the one with furniture attatchments, I wish I had...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albrighthttp://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/tripcopy.jpg
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote