Cartoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Just wondering if when you were growing up did you watch cartoons?

If so name a few you remember and the name of your favorite cartoons.

We loved watching Daffy Duck and Goofy and Mickey. The roadrunner was a good one too. Then there was Rocky and Bullwinkle, Tom and Jerry, Augi Dogie, Felix the Cat, Quick Draw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Snaglepuss, Mr Peabody .. wow .. so many are coming to mind.

I think the one I loved the most was Yogi Bear. But right along with Yogi, Boo Boo and Mr Ranger Sir, was Betty Boop and Woody Woodpecker.

Loved 'em all.

Bugs Bunny! Probably my all-time fave. The adult themes were only appreciated when I was a teen, and I learned a lot about opera. "Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit", The Barber of Seville, Carmen. All beautifully performed by Mel Blanc and co.

George of the Jungle, Superchicken, Atom Ant, Beanie and Cecil, Underdog, Flukey Luke

Definitely the Flintstones and Top Cat. Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy.

Last edited:
Cartoons weren't around except at the movies between the serial movies when I was a kid. We listened to the radio. You all remember radios, don't you?

But my kids loved them. Spike can run off a whole list of what he watched every Saturday. Trying to get him to the breakfast table was a battle every Saturday. He loved cartoons. I remember he loved Wonder Dog. I like the song of Mighty Mouse. I don't think you realized it, but those cartoons were introducing you to classical music. They are in the public domain and no royalties had to be paid. :angel:

Oooohhh, Johnny Quest, we were all in love with him in elementary school!

Loved all the Warner Bros cartoons, and most of Hanna Barbera, including Scooby Doo. I don't remember watching many others.

Not quite cartoons, but I also enjoyed the Three Stooges shorts they would show before Saturday afternoon matinees.

Yes, The Jetsons were so cool :)

My Steve was an 80's kid, so he loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, that type

Back
Top Bottom