"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
And for the ones who run BETWEEN your legs up the stairs when you are carrying a large load of laundry.
Our dog and cats have all dedicated their lives to ending ours this way!

Barbara

Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #12
DC's Angel

Ve haff vays to make ze humans behafe!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to goodgiver
Cat Lovers

That can not possibly be your cat it is mine when he wants me to wake up. OMG that was all so funny. I laughed my you know what off. Thanks I needed a big laugh today.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
Executive Chef

That was four of my cats! Imagine though when one of them weighs 10 kgs! Not so bad when he is on, but the getting off - he uses me like a launching pad! Two of them like to run an obstacle race in the early hours and use me as one of the hurdles.

My other two (sensible) cats wait until the others have all had their morning run and the promise of breakfast is more than just a dream before they get up of a morning.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Im not a cat person but appreciate them and that clip is so true to their nature DH will love it because he is a true cat person.I especially liked the part where the cat gives up and jumps off bed just jump back on and try again.Thats a cat for you they dont give up until they get what they want.
DH has a at least 13 year old Himalayan with blue eyes and six toes on all four feet a big but not fat cat.DH can not sleep with out that cat.When that cat passes I will leave home a week or two as he loves that cat soo much I will need to leave so he can grieve. Im serious I will need to give him that space.That is how much he loves Shadow.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #16
Master Chef

Speaking of NOT giving up. If you had exhausted our cat's patience on trying to get you up the regular way he would then hurl his 8kilo carcass into the miniblinds.....REPEATEDLY------THAT sound did get us out of bed and mad as h............but Kitty was definitely in charge
Old 11-04-2007, 07:00 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
Speaking of NOT giving up. If you had exhausted our cat's patience on trying to get you up the regular way he would then hurl his 8kilo carcass into the miniblinds.....REPEATEDLY------THAT sound did get us out of bed and mad as h............but Kitty was definitely in charge
I have learnt over the years that no matter how much I hate what the cat(s) are doing to get me up, I will not react to that which annoys me. I wait until they have moved on to something that doesn't bug me so much (or does less damage) and react to that instead. That way they repeat that on future occasions instead of the thing I really don't want them to do. They know what works best and you MUST NOT show any weakness!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

bilby, they're still training you, just not as well as they'd hoped.

to them, you're not a good student, lol.

my birds get me to say the dumbest things, over and over. i think they like to belittle me...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
I have learnt over the years that no matter how much I hate what the cat(s) are doing to get me up, I will not react to that which annoys me. I wait until they have moved on to something that doesn't bug me so much (or does less damage) and react to that instead. That way they repeat that on future occasions instead of the thing I really don't want them to do. They know what works best and you MUST NOT show any weakness!!!!
hahaha----Pavlov's theory doesn't work here (not with the late and great Liono)-----when you have a 24 pound cat heaving themselves like Jackie Chan into blinds that weren't designed for "Hai Karate" cats you are going to come out of the bed. Trust me. But we've come to a mutual agreement------he heaves himself into the binds we wake up (like he wants) but then we aim a water gun at him. YOu'd be surprised how anger improves one's aim. Then we go back to sleep and he's well.......all wet.........
Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
but then we aim a water gun at him. YOu'd be surprised how anger improves one's aim. Then we go back to sleep and he's well.......all wet.........
I sleep with a spray bottle by the bed! I figure by the time they have done the damage, there is very little point in me giving in to them. They have to break glass (or each other) for me to give in. Mind you, when desperate for more sleep, I also trick them by starting to walk out of my bedroom, they all tear out of the room to be the first out of the door... but I just shut the bedroom door on them. Takes them a few minutes to realise that not only am I not coming after them, but they can't get back in! It is amazing how they all settle down after that.