"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #11
Master Chef

Just curious, CCL....since Cat is 'on vacation' in Romania now and visiting her hubby and child, does that mean America is or will be their permanent home? I miss seeing MammaCat/Rina's posts, too - she used to post here quite a bit.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
The entire season? I don't think it took that long to build it in the first place. I wonder what the crew will do all that time.
I don't remember but I think it was about nine months. GG, this happened AFTER Putin took Ukraine and the supplies, including parts, were taken over, in his control. I thought Cat posted this. I know she said the hull, keel, and shafts were from Ukraine, I think. Other parts were from other countries.

Of course it's the entire season! They have to find another supplier! They can't go to the supplier there, Putin shut them down, of course, and took it. They found a company in Turkey who can do the repairs, but it will take time. Her Papa, Georg, had to lay them off with full pay. A loyal crew deserves full pay, and that's how he does business. He knows how to run a business, and that is that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Just curious, CCL....since Cat is 'on vacation' in Romania now and visiting her hubby and child, does that mean America is or will be their permanent home? I miss seeing MammaCat/Rina's posts, too - she used to post here quite a bit.
They visit a lot, but Cat's home is now in Brasov. She and Rina come here often to visit, so I'll bug Rina to post.

Cat will probably back in a couple weeks. I'll go put tacks under Rina's chair. POKE!

She really needs to get her tail in here. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Cat keeps in touch by email in Romania. PM her and she'll send you her addy.

A new harbormaster bent a prop shaft, the radar went out, and because it is a new boat, it needed a lot of tweaking. They decided to put it in drydock until next season, and from what Rina's saying, they have found some parts.

Mostly right now it's just a matter of time, Rina thinks. Cat hates being on land, and with Carl and her learning the businesses and slowly taking over, she's busier than a one-armed paper hanger over there. Anna takes up a lot of time, so does Stela, and she's pretty much stuck with duties.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:40 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Curious as to why Cat never posts and keeps up with her friends here when she's in Romania...
Cat did post before she went back the first time, that the Romanian internet is not the best in the world. It is a sometimes internet. And a lot of times it doesn't post outside of Romania.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Rina's here. She is going back to visit when Cat comes back. They wanted to stay until I'm back on my feet.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
She'll be back Friday. Anyhoo, I think we've heard from her twice since she left, so she's probably up to her ears with hubby and kid. She is going to be bringing Carl and Anna back so Justin will be out hunting down a youth bed.

I wonder if I need to child-proof the house?
Absolutely. She will be in your home for longer than just a few hours. She is at an age where everything she sees, is a toy. Any knick knacks put them up and away. Anything you treasure put away. Have Justin try to find some locks for the lower cabinets. You don't want to have to clean them out and then go on the hunt when you need something. It has been a long time since you have had a toddler in your home. If a child can reach it, they will. Also, since she has an artificial leg, make sure all area rugs are held tight to the floor. She will be coming with a new leg. You don't want her tripping or falling.

I still have small great grandchildren coming to my home. But the visits are short enough that The only thing they can get into are the books on the shelves. And I have a table with two leafs that fold down and I just swing it across the entry to the kitchen. The bathroom door stays closed.

How exciting. You get to see Anna and Carl again also. Lucky you.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:29 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
She'll be back Friday. Anyhoo, I think we've heard from her twice since she left, so she's probably up to her ears with hubby and kid. She is going to be bringing Carl and Anna back so Justin will be out hunting down a youth bed.

I wonder if I need to child-proof the house?
Why? Aren't you going to let her in? Poor Baby Anna, just allowed to peek in the window.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:36 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Why? Aren't you going to let her in? Poor Baby Anna, just allowed to peek in the window.
Good one PF! CCL is such a heartless woman.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Seriously? I have to let her INSIDE?

I better rethink this ...
Old 04-19-2016, 01:58 AM   #20
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Seriously? I have to let her INSIDE?

I better rethink this ...
Depends on the weather, you might set up the bed on the deck...or let her sleep with the cats.