Cat - On Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Joyce has answered all questions satisfactorily to the best of her knowledge. Back to being happy about Cat, Carl and Anna coming to stay. And a fond farewell to MammaCat (Rina) as she heads for home.

I believe Joyce has answered all questions satisfactorily to the best of her knowledge. Back to being happy about Cat, Carl and Anna coming to stay. And a fond farewell to MammaCat (Rina) as she heads for home.

Thank you.

I am so looking forward to having Anna here and having Cat tell us all about her progress. :angel:

Oh God. There goes my laptop.

I'll see y'all sometime in 2017.

Last edited:
We are here! The planes trips were horrible. Sometimes not much service until we arrived to Frankfurt.

We changed the flights there to Heathrow and the New york flight. I was separated of Carl and Anna until Heathrow and then to the Laguardia and we were united on a very large plane where we were seated of together.

A steward was so very nice to us of the flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Anna scribbles in coloring books and I brought many with us! She never cried or fussed of being in a seat, and she had her Pupa (the large dog stuffed animal), her Teddy, and her little puzzle.

Children are so very precious, yes? It takes so little of them to take the interest of things. So we went from the Laguardia to Reagan international, then to the tri-citites then to Asheville.

It was a long trip, but we saw what waiting for us here, and such a very nice dinner!

Mamma will be leaving in a fortnight. Justin bought of Anna a very nice bed, and I must say I am tired. Carl and I shall share of their large bed, Mamma and Anna are in the guest's room, and our nice hosts are using the sleeping couch.

Good night, my friends! I love you all!

With very much love,
~Cat

Hello my Ogress!
I woke up and posted of something then I heard of noise of her attic!

She has been keeping of a bat up there!

But it is so good to be here, yes? Bats, cats, dogs, ha!!

I am not letting my Anna go near of the attic!! Ha!

Thank you!

Welcome back Cat. So glad Anna is here. She sounds so precious. I have been on flights where children were crying the whole time. I remember one child kept holding her ear. I had some QTips with me and pulled the cotton off some and told the mother to put it in her ears. It worked. The little girl stopped crying and fell asleep. I was traveling with Poo and he has had ear problems since birth. So I recognized the symptoms.

It is lousy when you are separated as a family when traveling. Does Little Anna speak English? I am sure she must have learned some since Carl and his mother didn't speak any Romanian at first. I have the feeling Anna stole some hearts on the plane. :angel:

Hello my Ogress!
I woke up and posted of something then I heard of noise of her attic!

She has been keeping of a bat up there!

But it is so good to be here, yes? Bats, cats, dogs, ha!!

I am not letting my Anna go near of the attic!! Ha!

Thank you!

Joyce keeps bats in her belfry????:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Give my love to all...even the bat.

Ha!

She has more than bats of her belfry. Perhaps some mothballs and insecticide is in order, yes?

Addie, Anna speaks Anna/Romanian/English/incoherent. Ha!

I did not know Anna could sing! Anna is up for of the jet lag and is having trouble of sleeping of America's time. Joyce is up with her so very late! I heard a noise of my daughter's voice and went of the computer room of which the door was closed, and Joyce was singing and Anna was singing with her!

Joyce hushed me, for the computer room has of a very soft rug and Joyce had taken one of her very nice soft blankets and put Anna wrapped of this and upon this rug. They sang! Anna did follow, she did mimic of Joyce, and Anna became sleepy of a bit.

I have never seen of this! Then Joyce put away of her guitar and picked up Anna. She said, "poor little girl, so many changes, ssssssss."

She put Anna in her bed still of the wrapped blanket and Anna is so very asleep!

I asked her of this. Joyce said she sang of her daughter to of sleep. Is this an American custom of children?

We did sing before sleep but not of sleep. Americans do of this?

Last edited:
Oh indeed. There is in the operetta Hansel and Gretel by Engle Humperdinck a prayer song that the children sing as night falls. It is called The Evening Prayer. When all five of my children were starting to cut their teeth, and became fussy, I sang or just hummed this lullaby to them while rocking them in my arms. I always had a rocking chair when my children were babies. Singing a lullaby and a rocking chair works like a charm when used together.

There is a saying, "Music doth calms the savage beast." Sometimes the savage beast is sleep that just wants to elude us. I will often put soft music on and turn off the TV when I can't sleep. :angel:

Last edited:
+1! It's understandable if you're not comfortable with posting a full on pic of your sweet Anna, but gosh....even a semi far away shot of the fam playing in Joyce's beautiful yard would be awesome. :wub: Carl must be so happy to be back in America, even if it's for a short while. :)

I'll add my Please! Please! to Kayelle's and Cheryl's request. Just think of how nice it would be for all of us to see the happy little family playing off in the yard. You can even take the photo out-of-focus, CCL, or have me come and take it. I'm really good at taking fuzzy pictures. I must delete more than I take on my phone. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom