"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Cat - On Vacation

Our sweet Cat hopped off to Brasov to visit her hubby, Carl, and their dear daughter, Anna.

Anna is growing, and they have to adjust her prosthetic leg and of course, Cat wants to be there. She did say all three of them might come back here, depending on how it goes.

Rina is still here; when Cat returns, she'll go home to visit. I'm so blessed to have such loyal, loving friends.

Because Rina and Cat have taken over, hubby Justin can go to work, as normal.

I'm hoping Cat will bring Carl and Anna with her. We can smoosh them and Rina in the master bedroom and guest room, and hubby and I can use the sleeper sofa in the living room. I found a place where I can rent a youth bed, but with the bedbug issue, I don't trust that.

I'll just buy one. Phooey on that. One of my friends lives in an apartment complex where they had a bedbug infestation, and when she visits, she won't come in the house.

I hope they come! It would be wonderful to have a little toddler running around! I would love to see Carl again. When I first saw Cat and him together, and saw the way he looked at her, I thought, "Uh-oh. I hear wedding bells."

He looked at her so sweetly, not in any way lustful or suggestively (y'all know those looks) and endearingly. He's sooooo precious, just like Cat. They broke up I think, maybe a couple days or so, but that didn't last. I knew it wouldn't.

Cat is a wonderful, dear mother. Sometimes when she got off the phone with Carl and Anna, she'd cry a little. I remembered the days when I was an Army photojournalist, sent away from my hubby and daughter, and I cried too.

When I bonked my head, Cat and Rina vowed to stay until I go back to work. I don't know, but I'm thinking May. I'm getting off the topic but I have to say this...

I've learned about friendship, about love, and commitment from them. I have lots of friends, but none of them have offered to stay here with me. It's not their fault. They have lives and obligations and I understand that. I did move in (a little) when one of my best friends was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and I was with her to the end. But that was just a county away, and DH understood. I took care of her just as Cat and Rina are taking care of me.

Not half a planet away, for sure.

Now I see this isn't such an update, but it is gratefulness, and a bow to a woman whose heart is bigger than she is, and her mother...well, if I didn't know better, you'd think Rina gave birth to Cat. She did a dang good job, and now we all reap the benefits.

Life is so good. Especially with a few Romanians involved, LOL!

Old 04-13-2016, 12:56 AM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I want a Romanian, too! Cat needed to get back to Carl and Anna, the same way we need to eat and breathe.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:14 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I want a Romanian, too! Cat needed to get back to Carl and Anna, the same way we need to eat and breathe.
Yes, exactly. I'll ask Rina if she has an extra Romanian for you, okay? LOL!

I hope Cat brings Carl and Anna back. We would love it!

Keep paws crossed. I know our house is small as in square feet, but love has expanded this house into Buckingham Palace square feet.

Oh crap, don't say anything about that. The county tax assesor might pick up on that and I'll have to start selling cats.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:28 AM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The house is just bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The house is just bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside.
True, so true. DH and I love our home so much we're surprised the walls stand up to it.

It's tiny, only 1200 square feet. Here:

The last half of the house is hidden by the tree. That's Lilly in the front.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #6
Master Chef

Joyce, isn't it time for fishing yet? Cat and Carl won't be on the boat this season?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Catina II was damaged by a harbormaster and they are waiting for the parts to fix her. No fishing this season.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #8
Master Chef

Thanks PF, I must have missed that news.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #9
Master Chef

I missed it too, Kay.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

The entire season? I don't think it took that long to build it in the first place. I wonder what the crew will do all that time.