"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #21
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Mike, our male silver tabby, and Panda our 4 lb. (and full grown!!! She is teeny-tiny) calico female, will go for just about anything excep vegetables. My g/f has a few easy to make staple foods for when she's on the run, and she's really bad about leaving the plates out. Mike is a huge huge fan of buttered noodles with parmesan cheese while they both enjoy licking cream cheee from her unfinished bagels.

They love little sliced of mozzarella and colby-jack cheese.

Mike loves toast, but only if it's wheat toast.

There was one exception where Mike did eat some broccoli, although it was the kind found in those turkey-cheddar Lean Pockets.

They love when I stir fry! I don't know if the smells attract them, but they love to watch me flip stuff aroundin my wok. I think they're koping for some of the meat to fly out my wok.

college_cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #22
Contest Winner
Originally Posted by Shunka
Good to know that a couple of my 13 cats aren't the only ones that enjoy olives!! Of course not all of them enjoy all the same foods. One loves cooked cabbage with onions and butter, another likes tomato pie and braunschweiger sandwiches. There are so many different things, the list would be too long!!
13 cats!!! Do you live on a farm or something? Whoa... 2 kitties in my house keep me busy enough, how do you manage them all?

~passionate pescetarian~
grumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #23
Head Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to tancowgirl2000
we have two cats Bullet...If you know me you'll know why he has that name...and Cotton, figure their colors? I havent given them human food yet as they are just 4 months so I am waiting a while longer yet. However they seem to have found this odd taste for pizza.....one piece left out and its devoured in the morn...sheesh
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
~ Stephen Wright
tancowgirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #24
Assistant Cook
My cat will whine and beg for anything we're eating. We leave dry food out for him, but when we're eating something he can't eat, we give him wet food. We also buy him a rotisserie chicken from costco. (spoiled brat!!) He likes chicken but I think his favorite is fish.
Vicious Vaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #25
Head Chef
Daddy's Little Darling (aka Domino - a main coon with 1 green eye and 1 blue) seems to know when I bring a can of tuna into the kitchen even when she's upstairs and appears immediately for her share and she loves the liquid. I don't give her much of that because of the salt.

Any time raw chicken breast appears on the counter either as part of a whole chicken or alone she is there in a heart-beat demanding her "share" - she only wants about a tablespoon of it, cut into tiny pieces, but I swear she's try to make off with the whole chicken if she were denied it! She will not touch the dark meat, though.

She asks (putting it politely) for her cream very nicely; prancing and "talking" all over the kitchen counter. (I do sanitize every square inch of the counter top before I cook anything!) until - usually Daddy - pours just the correct amount (about 2 T) into her own little glass bowl and then microwaves it for 4 seconds. If it's not microwaved she will snub it.

Once in a great while she will agree to a bit of cooked food - but it's usually just a ruse to get Daddy to offer it to her.

If her bowl is empty she will "lead" us to her feeding station in the laundry room - walking in front close enough to trip us if necessary. Doesn't mean she wants to eat...she just wants to get us to fill the bowl. This behavior doubles when she wants to be groomed.

When DH came home after having stitches & splint removed from his arm she tasted him! Right on the wrist - no breaking of the skin but definitely a bite though without the "death shake" which is administered when he's doing something to her she wants stopped.

This is the cat who will nearly jump out of her skin if my foot twitches while she is walking towards it but will sleep peacefully between the TV speakers when they are loud enough to shake the house! She slept through Independance Day!

Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Oregon native transplanted to Chicago....
lindatooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon
My cats try to get at almost anything I am eating, but they would get in my mouth to get chicken if they could! They love chicken and turkey. They also love tuna. I don't think I've ever had a cat that really liked beef very much.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
Senior Cook
The first cat I had loved people food, especially fresh hot buttered corn on the cob. She also went crazy over creamed peas, green beens cooked in ham fat, and absolutely adored chicken (was known to scare my Mother to death when she jumped up on the table to get at the chicken and abscond (sp?) with the first piece she could get ahold of before Mom could react) and turkey (she would wait until we went into the dining room and then jump up and grab a turkey leg, and ending up with more than she bargained for; when after grabbing the leg and jumping down off the table finding the remains of the turkey down on the floor with her). About the only thing she wouldn't touch was Dad's beer (she was his football viewer partner. They would watch the game and eat cheese-nips, but Dad could never get her to take a sip of his beer. Smart cat!)

My current two cats prefer cat food (both dry and moist), but they go absolutely bonkers for KFC chicken, and turn into vultures whenever my brother makes pancakes. They can't wait for him to finish so they can have the plate to lick up the pancake syrup. They also seem to like Wendy's french fries.
Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Mark Twain
Foodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #28
Executive Chef
I do not currently have a cat, but when I did (a pair of brother siamese) they had very interesting tastes. Favorite people food included: asparagus, cantelope, anything grilled or barbequed, corn on the cob, and dried beef (before going into chipped beef gravy) or beef jerky (salty rather than hot spice)
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
here's a close up of my maine coon hercules. i used to use this as a desktop background:

and one of bean bean:

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #30

My Grandcat is a Maine Coon (soon to be 18 years old) & she is the greatest!

MEOW MIX is the fav as well as tuna juice. Best not let the bottom of the bowl show or we'll def hear about it. Lil' Kitty loves the leftover milk from her Daddys cereal bowl & Riley (20 pounds @ present) will try anything once.

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck" -Emma Goldman
spdrdr is offline   Reply With Quote