Catching fruit flies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
I put a "recipe" on here once for catching fruit flies. I think it had some veg. oil and I know it had cider vinegar in it. If anyone remembers the "formula" would you please send it to me....Thanks!

Teehee....I've only seen one, but better to be prepared....it's not quite Ontario fruit harvest yet, so don't have lots of fruit hanging around to ripen..

lol, this reminds me of the adage, "time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana."

To make a fruit fly trap--put your bait (piece of fruit, some sugar and water, a pinch of yeast if you have it handy) into a jar. Roll a piece of paper into a cone, with a little opening at the bottom, and tape to hold it together.

Insert the paper into the jar, with the opening above your bait. Flies will come in, but will try to escape from the top of the jar, which is blocked by the paper cone.

When you catch your flies, stick the jar into the freezer overnight to kill the flies.

you could at least put a coupla drops of vodka in the bottom, sparrowgrass, before you put them in the freezer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom