"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I wish you luck Cat.

Wow, that's a big decision.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #122
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Papa put all his trust in me for to help him make our Catina II and now this happens and now I've dumped his money onto her which may now be a very bad thing.

I saw all the news, I know what I've done. Papa says he wanted her anyway and I'm not to blame and he will continue to build her for us. He said a bunch of Russians don't scare him and he was very loving to me of this.

I didn't know this would happen, and I'm so very, very blessed that I have very forgiving parents. If I could have had an idea of these incursions I would have told Papa to get out of the fleet and wait but it's too late and she is being built as I type now.
Cat, professional diplomats had no idea this would happen. You must not blame yourself for not being able to foresee the irrational actions of the president of Russia. I'm sure you've heard what Angela Merkel said to President Obama about it. If not, look it up.

Quote:
I am so very, very scared. Let us hope this doesn't escalate to a war.
I fervently hope it does not. Best wishes to you and your family.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #123
Proud American

Rrrrrrrr!! Mamma and Papa said no! Even DA wants to go home, and they said no! I've never, ever known them to say no to anything DA wants, ever!

They want us to wait until July as it was planned. Mamma said I was not going into anyone's military at all because I'm all she has. What is the difference between that and becoming a journalist and going to dangerous places? At least in the military I'd have a very nice automatic rifle!

This is so embarrassing. What happens if it goes badly there and I'm sitting on my selfish, spoiled butt here? What will the rest of my family think? What will my Gizzi and the crew think? I will not be able to hold up my head when I go home!! They'll think I'm terrible, like my worthless cousins. I'll lose every bit of respect I worked so hard to earn!

Then I can't just pack us up and show up upon the door. To do this would be so disobedient and so disrespectful of Mamma and Papa it would be as to slap them in their faces, and I'd rather die than ever do that. DA is mad, too. She's tired anyway and she just wants to go home.

DA said I won't be disrespected because I obey Mamma and Papa, but she is so very wrong of this. I'm not arguing with her of it, for that is also very disrespectful. She doesn't understand how hard it was for me to become respected, especially by Catina's crew.

Oh no! I must finish this later! My Gizzi is on the phone just now. He doesn't sound mad yet, but he will be when he finds out I'm sitting here like a coward! Oh no!

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #124
Chef Extraordinaire

Actually Cat, I think your Gizzi would be more angry if you disobeyed your parents and showed up in a danger zone. Of course, I'm just guessing.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #125
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cat, you are not Rambo (at least, I don't think so). Your duty is to take care of DA at her US home.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #126
Executive Chef

Quote:
Rrrrrrrr!! Mamma and Papa said no! Even DA wants to go home, and they said no! I've never, ever known them to say no to anything DA wants, ever!

They want us to wait until July as it was planned. Mamma said I was not going into anyone's military at all because I'm all she has. What is the difference between that and becoming a journalist and going to dangerous places? At least in the military I'd have a very nice automatic rifle!

This is so embarrassing. What happens if it goes badly there and I'm sitting on my selfish, spoiled butt here? What will the rest of my family think? What will my Gizzi and the crew think? I will not be able to hold up my head when I go home!! They'll think I'm terrible, like my worthless cousins. I'll lose every bit of respect I worked so hard to earn!

Then I can't just pack us up and show up upon the door. To do this would be so disobedient and so disrespectful of Mamma and Papa it would be as to slap them in their faces, and I'd rather die than ever do that. DA is mad, too. She's tired anyway and she just wants to go home.

DA said I won't be disrespected because I obey Mamma and Papa, but she is so very wrong of this. I'm not arguing with her of it, for that is also very disrespectful. She doesn't understand how hard it was for me to become respected, especially by Catina's crew.

Oh no! I must finish this later! My Gizzi is on the phone just now. He doesn't sound mad yet, but he will be when he finds out I'm sitting here like a coward! Oh no!

With love,
~Cat
Mamma and Papa are right. Sit tight for the time being. It may be that you are more use where you are. Panicking and going into headless chicken mode is not going to help anyone and is certainly not a sign of bravery. Level-headedness is what's needed right now - and no-one with any brain at all is going to mistake common sense for cowardice.

Apart from anything else if you go home it'll just be one more thing your parents have to worry about, just when they don't need it.

Give it a few days and see what happens. Perhaps someone on here can recommend a good quality radio news station to listen to or you could try the BBC World Service which is pretty reliable.

Thinking of you.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #127
Proud American

Foo!

DA had decided to go home with me in July (before this mess in Ukraine) and not return. She wants to pass in Romania for some personal reasons, and so this was decided many days ago. I will have to return here all alone. I'll explain this issue later.

My Gizzi said Papa called him and told him to call me. Gizzi said I was a good girl for wanting to come home. He already knows about DA. He said he understood I was unhappy for being away, but he doesn't want me in danger. He said they all need me and for me to be here is best, for if I were to go there they would worry.

He also said no one loses any respect for being a good girl and obeying my parents, that I was very brave for wanting to come home, but I can hold up my head when I do come home in July. He said I wasn't selfish or spoiled, but I know I am, but I didn't disrespect him by arguing of this.

My Gizzi called me "Little Captain" and was so nice to me. He said when this mess broke out, he and some other crew members who have guns are watching over both fishing vessels in their dry docks. He said they are prepared and the Romanian military is upon alert. He said for us to stay here and be safe, and that he, his family, and the crew all loved me and my reputation is also safe.

I guess I have no choice. I just feel I must get there with DA who is SO ready to go also and do something to protect all of them. My Gizzi would never lie to me, so I do feel better but it's so hard to be here while all this is happening there.

Thank you all for understanding and helping. What is a Rambo?

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #128
Executive Chef

Quote:
Foo!

DA had decided to go home with me in July (before this mess in Ukraine) and not return. She wants to pass in Romania for some personal reasons, and so this was decided many days ago. I will have to return here all alone. I'll explain this issue later.

My Gizzi said Papa called him and told him to call me. Gizzi said I was a good girl for wanting to come home. He already knows about DA. He said he understood I was unhappy for being away, but he doesn't want me in danger. He said they all need me and for me to be here is best, for if I were to go there they would worry.

He also said no one loses any respect for being a good girl and obeying my parents, that I was very brave for wanting to come home, but I can hold up my head when I do come home in July. He said I wasn't selfish or spoiled, but I know I am, but I didn't disrespect him by arguing of this.

My Gizzi called me "Little Captain" and was so nice to me. He said when this mess broke out, he and some other crew members who have guns are watching over both fishing vessels in their dry docks. He said they are prepared and the Romanian military is upon alert. He said for us to stay here and be safe, and that he, his family, and the crew all loved me and my reputation is also safe.

I guess I have no choice. I just feel I must get there with DA who is SO ready to go also and do something to protect all of them. My Gizzi would never lie to me, so I do feel better but it's so hard to be here while all this is happening there.

Thank you all for understanding and helping. What is a Rambo?

With love,
~Cat
"Rambo" is a character played by Sylvester Stallone in a series of films. He fights and pulls faces a lot and not much more.

You haven't missed much
Old 03-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #129
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Blood

He's a one-man army. Good flick.

What I'm referring to, Cat, is that you can't go in by yourself and save everyone, even by joining the navy.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #130
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
First Blood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's a one-man army. Good flick.
I agree.

Tags
fish