"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #131
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What I'm referring to, Cat, is that you can't go in by yourself and save everyone, even by joining the navy.
Dawg is right. Cat, read back over your posts today. You are trying to take responsibility for way too much - not foreseeing the invasion of Crimea, your father's decision to invest in Catina II, the safety of the ship and crew and port and country. Taking care of the responsibilities you already have is a lot.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:05 AM   #132
Proud American

If DA had wanted to stay instead of to go now, I would have thought differently.

But all of you are right, and I love all of you. I haven't slept very much lately and I'll now try to get sleep.

I hope Romania and the fishing fleet will be unaffected by all this.

I love you all! Good night for now.

With love,
~Cat

Old 03-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #133
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat the most grownup thing you can do right now is to listen to your parents and your Gizzi. They are there and not you. So they know the situation much better than you do. Trust their judgment. Knowing both you and DA are safe is very important to them. Knowing that will give them some peace of mind in the middle of any chaos that may be around them.

Should you need to come back to school and be alone, you will do fine. Look at how much you have learned outside of the classroom. You have become quite an independent young lady. And in doing so, you have made your parents and everyone else who loves you very proud.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #134
Proud American

Thank you all. I feel so useless, and the situation is escalating. It's really hard to concentrate here when I'm scared, but I'm working on this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #135
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Thank you all. I feel so useless, and the situation is escalating. It's really hard to concentrate here when I'm scared, but I'm working on this.

With love,
~Cat
You do realise that Romania is a member of NATO.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #136
Proud American

Oh yes, I do know. I just got a call from my Gizzi and Papa. They are keeping watch over both dry docks, and a Russian missile boat passed through the harbor of Constanta earlier today in the late afternoon. It wasn't a Romanian one. Romanian ships don't fly Russian flags.

I haven't seen this of the news yet. Where are the journalists!! They should be camped out on the shores looking for this!

Papa took Catina's cats away from our Constanta home when the Russians came to Crimea. They are in our Brasov home, and Mamma said there was hissing and spitting at first, but they have all settled down.

I must say that there is nothing wrong with the Russian Navy in the Black Sea, but this close to Romania is too close at this time. The whole Romanian fishing fleet is very nervous and some may not go out when the thawing comes soon.

The construction of Catina II is going as planned. Papa is a very strong man.

What does bother me is that Papa moved the cats, but he is there in Constanta. I think he's keeping something away from me.

I'm scared.

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #137
Sous Chef

No offense cat, but you really need to change your news source, and brush up on what a NATO membership means to a member nation. The situation isn't anywhere close to what you think it is.
http://rt.com/news/us-warship-black-sea-966/

http://www.nato.int/nato-welcome/index.html
Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #138
Proud American

I understand this! But Turkey is doing that.

I am from Romania. I have seen Georgian rebels take my Papa's Catina with me on board.

My Gizzi called and he and Papa said there was a Russian missile boat there.

I understand what NATO is. I know this. But a Russian missile boat in Constanta seems to have disappeared of NATO.

My news source was Papa and my Gizzi, who saw it.

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-06-2014, 02:24 AM   #139
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, I think what Rocket is trying to say is that since Romania is a member of NATO, if it is attacked by Russia, the rest of the alliance will defend it. That is what the treaty is all about. NATO is beefing up its resources in Turkey because it already uses military bases and conducts joint military exercises there. It can defend Romania and other countries by patrolling the entire area with military jets.

Also, the U.S. has sent a warship into the Black Sea and will send six additional fighter jets to the area this week. So Romania is not alone in this.

And you need to watch or read news sources other than your family and friends. As you know, journalists find out and report information that non-journalists can't get.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #140
Proud American

Crimea went to the Russians. That was on the news.

Oh, dear, this will be a mess. Let us see.

With love,
~Cat

Tags
fish