Catina 1929 - 2014; Our Fishing Vessel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Papa put all his trust in me for to help him make our Catina II and now this happens and now I've dumped his money onto her which may now be a very bad thing.

I saw all the news, I know what I've done. Papa says he wanted her anyway and I'm not to blame and he will continue to build her for us. He said a bunch of Russians don't scare him and he was very loving to me of this.

I didn't know this would happen, and I'm so very, very blessed that I have very forgiving parents. If I could have had an idea of these incursions I would have told Papa to get out of the fleet and wait but it's too late and she is being built as I type now.

Cat, professional diplomats had no idea this would happen. You must not blame yourself for not being able to foresee the irrational actions of the president of Russia. I'm sure you've heard what Angela Merkel said to President Obama about it. If not, look it up.

I am so very, very scared. Let us hope this doesn't escalate to a war.

I fervently hope it does not. Best wishes to you and your family.

Rrrrrrrr!! Mamma and Papa said no! Even DA wants to go home, and they said no! I've never, ever known them to say no to anything DA wants, ever!

They want us to wait until July as it was planned. Mamma said I was not going into anyone's military at all because I'm all she has. What is the difference between that and becoming a journalist and going to dangerous places? At least in the military I'd have a very nice automatic rifle!

This is so embarrassing. What happens if it goes badly there and I'm sitting on my selfish, spoiled butt here? What will the rest of my family think? What will my Gizzi and the crew think? I will not be able to hold up my head when I go home!! They'll think I'm terrible, like my worthless cousins. I'll lose every bit of respect I worked so hard to earn!

Then I can't just pack us up and show up upon the door. To do this would be so disobedient and so disrespectful of Mamma and Papa it would be as to slap them in their faces, and I'd rather die than ever do that. DA is mad, too. She's tired anyway and she just wants to go home.

DA said I won't be disrespected because I obey Mamma and Papa, but she is so very wrong of this. I'm not arguing with her of it, for that is also very disrespectful. She doesn't understand how hard it was for me to become respected, especially by Catina's crew.

Oh no! I must finish this later! My Gizzi is on the phone just now. He doesn't sound mad yet, but he will be when he finds out I'm sitting here like a coward! Oh no!

With love,
~Cat

Actually Cat, I think your Gizzi would be more angry if you disobeyed your parents and showed up in a danger zone. Of course, I'm just guessing.

Cat, you are not Rambo (at least, I don't think so). Your duty is to take care of DA at her US home.

Last edited:
Rrrrrrrr!! Mamma and Papa said no! Even DA wants to go home, and they said no! I've never, ever known them to say no to anything DA wants, ever!

They want us to wait until July as it was planned. Mamma said I was not going into anyone's military at all because I'm all she has. What is the difference between that and becoming a journalist and going to dangerous places? At least in the military I'd have a very nice automatic rifle!

This is so embarrassing. What happens if it goes badly there and I'm sitting on my selfish, spoiled butt here? What will the rest of my family think? What will my Gizzi and the crew think? I will not be able to hold up my head when I go home!! They'll think I'm terrible, like my worthless cousins. I'll lose every bit of respect I worked so hard to earn!

Then I can't just pack us up and show up upon the door. To do this would be so disobedient and so disrespectful of Mamma and Papa it would be as to slap them in their faces, and I'd rather die than ever do that. DA is mad, too. She's tired anyway and she just wants to go home.

DA said I won't be disrespected because I obey Mamma and Papa, but she is so very wrong of this. I'm not arguing with her of it, for that is also very disrespectful. She doesn't understand how hard it was for me to become respected, especially by Catina's crew.

Oh no! I must finish this later! My Gizzi is on the phone just now. He doesn't sound mad yet, but he will be when he finds out I'm sitting here like a coward! Oh no!

With love,
~Cat
Mamma and Papa are right. Sit tight for the time being. It may be that you are more use where you are. Panicking and going into headless chicken mode is not going to help anyone and is certainly not a sign of bravery. Level-headedness is what's needed right now - and no-one with any brain at all is going to mistake common sense for cowardice.

Apart from anything else if you go home it'll just be one more thing your parents have to worry about, just when they don't need it.

Give it a few days and see what happens. Perhaps someone on here can recommend a good quality radio news station to listen to or you could try the BBC World Service which is pretty reliable.

Thinking of you.

Last edited:
Foo!

DA had decided to go home with me in July (before this mess in Ukraine) and not return. She wants to pass in Romania for some personal reasons, and so this was decided many days ago. I will have to return here all alone. I'll explain this issue later.

My Gizzi said Papa called him and told him to call me. Gizzi said I was a good girl for wanting to come home. He already knows about DA. He said he understood I was unhappy for being away, but he doesn't want me in danger. He said they all need me and for me to be here is best, for if I were to go there they would worry.

He also said no one loses any respect for being a good girl and obeying my parents, that I was very brave for wanting to come home, but I can hold up my head when I do come home in July. He said I wasn't selfish or spoiled, but I know I am, but I didn't disrespect him by arguing of this.

My Gizzi called me "Little Captain" and was so nice to me. He said when this mess broke out, he and some other crew members who have guns are watching over both fishing vessels in their dry docks. He said they are prepared and the Romanian military is upon alert. He said for us to stay here and be safe, and that he, his family, and the crew all loved me and my reputation is also safe.

I guess I have no choice. I just feel I must get there with DA who is SO ready to go also and do something to protect all of them. My Gizzi would never lie to me, so I do feel better but it's so hard to be here while all this is happening there.

Thank you all for understanding and helping. What is a Rambo?

With love,
~Cat

Foo!

DA had decided to go home with me in July (before this mess in Ukraine) and not return. She wants to pass in Romania for some personal reasons, and so this was decided many days ago. I will have to return here all alone. I'll explain this issue later.

My Gizzi said Papa called him and told him to call me. Gizzi said I was a good girl for wanting to come home. He already knows about DA. He said he understood I was unhappy for being away, but he doesn't want me in danger. He said they all need me and for me to be here is best, for if I were to go there they would worry.

He also said no one loses any respect for being a good girl and obeying my parents, that I was very brave for wanting to come home, but I can hold up my head when I do come home in July. He said I wasn't selfish or spoiled, but I know I am, but I didn't disrespect him by arguing of this.

My Gizzi called me "Little Captain" and was so nice to me. He said when this mess broke out, he and some other crew members who have guns are watching over both fishing vessels in their dry docks. He said they are prepared and the Romanian military is upon alert. He said for us to stay here and be safe, and that he, his family, and the crew all loved me and my reputation is also safe.

I guess I have no choice. I just feel I must get there with DA who is SO ready to go also and do something to protect all of them. My Gizzi would never lie to me, so I do feel better but it's so hard to be here while all this is happening there.

Thank you all for understanding and helping. What is a Rambo?

With love,
~Cat
"Rambo" is a character played by Sylvester Stallone in a series of films. He fights and pulls faces a lot and not much more.

You haven't missed much :)

What I'm referring to, Cat, is that you can't go in by yourself and save everyone, even by joining the navy.

Dawg is right. Cat, read back over your posts today. You are trying to take responsibility for way too much - not foreseeing the invasion of Crimea, your father's decision to invest in Catina II, the safety of the ship and crew and port and country. Taking care of the responsibilities you already have is a lot.

If DA had wanted to stay instead of to go now, I would have thought differently.

But all of you are right, and I love all of you. I haven't slept very much lately and I'll now try to get sleep.

I hope Romania and the fishing fleet will be unaffected by all this.

I love you all! Good night for now.

With love,
~Cat

Cat the most grownup thing you can do right now is to listen to your parents and your Gizzi. They are there and not you. So they know the situation much better than you do. Trust their judgment. Knowing both you and DA are safe is very important to them. Knowing that will give them some peace of mind in the middle of any chaos that may be around them.

Should you need to come back to school and be alone, you will do fine. Look at how much you have learned outside of the classroom. You have become quite an independent young lady. And in doing so, you have made your parents and everyone else who loves you very proud. :angel:

Thank you all. I feel so useless, and the situation is escalating. It's really hard to concentrate here when I'm scared, but I'm working on this.

With love,
~Cat

Oh yes, I do know. I just got a call from my Gizzi and Papa. They are keeping watch over both dry docks, and a Russian missile boat passed through the harbor of Constanta earlier today in the late afternoon. It wasn't a Romanian one. Romanian ships don't fly Russian flags.

I haven't seen this of the news yet. Where are the journalists!! They should be camped out on the shores looking for this!

Papa took Catina's cats away from our Constanta home when the Russians came to Crimea. They are in our Brasov home, and Mamma said there was hissing and spitting at first, but they have all settled down.

I must say that there is nothing wrong with the Russian Navy in the Black Sea, but this close to Romania is too close at this time. The whole Romanian fishing fleet is very nervous and some may not go out when the thawing comes soon.

The construction of Catina II is going as planned. Papa is a very strong man.

What does bother me is that Papa moved the cats, but he is there in Constanta. I think he's keeping something away from me.

I'm scared.

With love,
~Cat

I understand this! But Turkey is doing that.

I am from Romania. I have seen Georgian rebels take my Papa's Catina with me on board.

My Gizzi called and he and Papa said there was a Russian missile boat there.

I understand what NATO is. I know this. But a Russian missile boat in Constanta seems to have disappeared of NATO.

My news source was Papa and my Gizzi, who saw it.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I think what Rocket is trying to say is that since Romania is a member of NATO, if it is attacked by Russia, the rest of the alliance will defend it. That is what the treaty is all about. NATO is beefing up its resources in Turkey because it already uses military bases and conducts joint military exercises there. It can defend Romania and other countries by patrolling the entire area with military jets.

Also, the U.S. has sent a warship into the Black Sea and will send six additional fighter jets to the area this week. So Romania is not alone in this.

And you need to watch or read news sources other than your family and friends. As you know, journalists find out and report information that non-journalists can't get.

Last edited:
Crimea went to the Russians. That was on the news.

Oh, dear, this will be a mess. Let us see.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom