"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
YAY!!
__________________

__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,864
MammaCat, I'm so happy to hear that! Her sweet nature comes through virtually for us, so I'm sure people who know her in person are charmed by her. I'm glad she has friends there and your visit to look forward to.
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,265
MammaCat, before I even got to this part of your post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
.....I think the people at the hospital from where we adopted Cat forgot to tell us she has a spine of steel.
Thank you all for being with her on this. She will be back soon, I think. She is resolved and firm and is going to see this through.

MammaCat
I was thinking: "our" Cat has a spine of steel and a marshmallow heart. I hope you don't mind we think of her as our Cat just as much as your own. She's a dear young woman, and she has us laughing or crying right along with her. We're here to listen and support, but never judge. And I'm especially happy she has friends at college that she never realized were there. Sounds like they'll keep her safe. We're so happy that she found us here at Discuss Cooking.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
I got from a very reliable source the following news.

Someone had put a letter up in the student union telling of Cat's ordeal, and to sign this to support Cat. There are 107 signatures on it.

Cat does not know yet, at least not until she reads this.

Also when the boys who slashed her tires, the school called the parents and they were packed up and removed from the premises immediately. They will be going to court in November. YEA!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I got from a very reliable source the following news.

Someone had put a letter up in the student union telling of Cat's ordeal, and to sign this to support Cat. There are 107 signatures on it.

Cat does not know yet, at least not until she reads this.

Also when the boys who slashed her tires, the school called the parents and they were packed up and removed from the premises immediately. They will be going to court in November. YEA!
Addie, I have not seen of this. Are you certain of this? From where did you see of this?

I do not know of this. It could be false.

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,104
Cat, I'm so glad your horrid story had a happy ending! What a tough but caring young lady you are, we are all so proud of you!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brasov
Posts: 139
Cat, it isn't false. Addie is correct. We received a call from the Dean of Women and that letter is up on the bulletin board with 107 signatures. I asked Addie to post it so it would be a surprise.

I got you! With help from Addie!

Love,
MammaCat
__________________
MammaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Cat, it isn't false. Addie is correct. We received a call from the Dean of Women and that letter is up on the bulletin board with 107 signatures. I asked Addie to post it so it would be a surprise.

I got you! With help from Addie!

Love,
MammaCat
Addie and Mamma, this can not be right. I do not know so many people of the university. Yes, I do have the nice ones who are helping me to be strong but I do not know 107 people.

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brasov
Posts: 139
Cat, it is true. You don't understand that your ordeal has affected others. Not just upon this website, but at your university. You have decided to take a stand against bullying, and you have Cat's Posse and other students have signed this to support you and to end the bullying. Cat, listen to me!! You have started something that may save a life.
Stop underestimating what you have done. You have created an awareness of bullying. You need to look at this and understand what you have started. You did something wonderful, dearest girl. And no one on this website will disagree.
I love you, my Catarina.

Mamma
__________________
MammaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #30
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Cat, it is true. You don't understand that your ordeal has affected others. Not just upon this website, but at your university. You have decided to take a stand against bullying, and you have Cat's Posse and other students have signed this to support you and to end the bullying. Cat, listen to me!! You have started something that may save a life.
Stop underestimating what you have done. You have created an awareness of bullying. You need to look at this and understand what you have started. You did something wonderful, dearest girl. And no one on this website will disagree.
I love you, my Catina.

Mamma
I did not think of this, Mamma. I am very embarrassed. No, I do not want anyone else to be bullied in any way. It hurts to be bullied.

I shall try to be strong of this. No one ever deserves of for the tires to be cut or of any other mean things.

Why do boys get so angry when if they do ask you of a date, and you say no?

With love,
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.