Cat's Had a Bad Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MammaCat

Washing Up
Please forgive her. I have noticed she isn't posting today as usual, and I'm sure all of you have noticed this also. All I saw is a birthday greeting to PrincessFiona. Her Uncle Alex died late last night and this morning when she came out of her class, all the tires on Joy were slashed to shreds. Her Papa has been on the phone to the university about this. They said they will look into it.

She called that AAA service and she's having to replace her tires. She's waiting for the tire store to call her, and she will go pick up her car.

When I called her, she was very upset. I told her I'd post for her, and you know it's bad when this child says, "Whatever."

But I believe this has gone too far with her car being damaged this way. This is much more than a simple prank and a car wash. I am afraid this has crossed the line of bullying and her Papa is ready to come there to face the university administrators himself. We believe now that she's a target of something. We both may have to come earlier than next month. Her Papa has given the university 24 hours to find out who did this and why, and if he doesn't get answers, he is going there immediately.

Aunty Stela is absolutely furious. Cat did not call Gwen for a ride home. She rode the bus home. I asked her why, and she even raised her voice at me saying she wasn't sent here to be a burden to people. She actually yelled at me.

We do know of a boy who has been harrassing her to go out with him. One of his friends left a nasty note on her car about this. But that's all we have plus a professor who is really nasty to her.

I'll be honest. I know you are her friends. But if this keeps up, I am pulling her out of that university and we will find another way for her to get her education. She is very much against this measure, and she yelled at me about this too. She's upset about her uncle passing, and she's upset about the car.

Please forgive her, and give us time to work this out. This simply has to end. If someone would slash her tires like this, what is to stop them from hurting her, herself? This is what scares us.

I told Cat I was going to post everything, and I have. Her family is with her on this, and her friends here should be also.

Thank you all for listening. She isn't herself today, but I'm sure that she'll bounce back in time.

Thank you all again.

Cat's Mamma

Last edited:
All I can say is is that this is totally unacceptable. Whomever did this should be taken to task to the fullest and, at the very least, compensate Cat for the tires.

Don't get me started. Cat has become our "charge" here at DC and if a battalion of us stormed the university, they wouldn't know what hit them.

Please tell Cat when you speak to her next that we're thinking of her and have her wrapped in our collective hugs.

I am sorry to learn of her uncle's death and imagine Cat might have been close to him. Sending my heartfelt condolences and more hugs.

Last edited:
That is awful news. Please accept my condolences to your family on your loss.
As for the car tires, I hope the police were notified. We live in a college town and our local police take a very dim view of things like that.

Oh no! (((Hugs MammaCat))) and (((Cat))).

I'm so sorry to hear about Cat's Uncle Alex. My condolences to Cat and family.

I certainly hope someone has notified the police. This is a criminal matter and shouldn't be left up to the university. The university should just be helping the police.

I'm so sorry to hear this, MammaCat. I agree, this is a criminal matter and the police should be notified. Many universities have their own police departments now, TL, so it may not be necessary to contact the city police.

Please let Cat know no forgiveness is needed. She is the victim here. We only hope things will get better for her.

My condolences to your family on the loss of Cat's uncle.

Last edited:
My heart is breaking for Cat. And I can imagine the pain as her parents, you both are feeling. Perhaps it is a wise move to take her out and send her to a new school. Slashing tires is not an easy thing to do. It takes male strength. This is definitely a matter for the police. They must be notified. It appears she is being single out and that is not a good thing. "They will look into the matter," is not good enough. The university is shirking their duty and obligation to Cat.

My condolences to your family for your loss. :angel:

I'm so sorry, Cat. What a horrible thing to come out to while you are working so hard to get your education. It should be a safe place. Things like this just make my blood boil...people can be so cruel.

Deepest condolences on the loss of your uncle. :heart:

Sincerest sympathy on the death of Uncle Alex. {{{{Cat and Cat's family}}}}

Cat and MamaCat, this IS a crime, and I sure hope the police are on this.

Oh dear. I sure hope that Cat isn't a victim. I know when I was in college, all 4 of my tires also got slashed, and I didn't have any enemies. It was a crime of opportunity. They may have the whole thing on camera in the campus parking lot, many parking lots have them now, might not hurt to check.

Last edited:
MammaCat and Cat, I am so very sorry about Uncle Alex and I send you my heartfelt sympathies.

The vandalism is criminal and I am angry about it. This should not have ever happened. The school better take some responsibility for this, they had been told of possible harassment by her classmates.

I am very sorry I did not feel to post of this.

Thank you all for all your kindness! I do so appreciate all of you.

I could not post of these. I love my Uncle Alex so very, very much. Even when I became the adult, I would still sit upon his lap and he would tell of wonderful stories.

He remembered when I was brought to home to Mamma and Papa. He told me of this. He said I was the most beautiful baby that he had seen. His wife had died before I came to Mamma and Papa, and he had no children. I was his "child."

He was always, always here for me and for my Mamma and Papa. On the night before I was to come here, he told me to be good and that my family did rely upon me to take good care of DA. Then he said this, "You are a blessing."

I always wanted to ask of him of what this meant, but it is too late now. I just hope he loved me as much as I loved him so very much.

Mamma was right to post of this. I have hurt too much today. I do know I have not been accepting of one boy who asked of me to date. He became angry and said that no one says no to him. I repeated "NO, thank you." He told me he would see about this.

And now I find this of my Joy. This is a cost of over $600 for good tires.

I know I am not of the social media and I know I do not fit well with the classmates. But I have never hurt people. I am nice to everyone.

What did I do wrong?

With love,
~Cat

Cat and MammaCat, I am so sorry to hear of Uncle Alex's passing. My condolences to all the family; I'll say a prayer for his soul and for you all tonight.

Cat, understand this: you DID NOT do anything wrong! Your being friendly to that young man might have been taken the wrong way by him and he might have taken it as flirting. By saying "no" some guys dumbly think you really want them to believe "yes". That young man is the one who is in the wrong.

And about the campus police taking care of the problem? It wouldn't hurt to let the town police know there is a problem too. Sometimes campus police are reluctant to issue reports because they don't want the college to be viewed in a bad way. It's better to over-report than under-report.

Good luck in finding the criminal. They deserve to be punished. I am sorry these kinds of things are happening to you.

Is the boy you wouldn't go out with on the football team or some other sports team?

And, as others have written, you did nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, men do not take rejection too kindly. (Sorry guys.) Cat, please be careful. This 'boy' just might be looking for revenge against you. And this tire slashing could be his doing. Until this matter is resolved and the culprit is caught, look over your shoulder all the time. Be aware of your surroundings, specially after dark. And you must report this not only to the campus police, but to the town police. The more authorities that know of this incident, the better. Get a loud whistle. A big one and wear it around your neck all the time. If at any time you feel you are in any danger, blow that long and loud.

Cat, I hate to scare you, but I fear for your safety with this boy. My heart is broken that you are going through this. You are so sweet and you don't deserve this treatment. We all care about you. :angel: Here's one for you. Looks like you need her. Our prayers are with you all the time. :angel:

Tires "job" sounds to me like the same people who sprayed silly strings or whatever that stuff is called. The university brushed it of then and look what is going on now. i think it is time to go to police, not just university. This is serious crime and has to be dealt as such.

Criminy, Addie. Please don't make such sweeping generalizations. No one takes rejection kindly, but most people don't resort to vandalism or violence over it.
Absolutely agree. And for the record, it's not only men who don't like rejection. I've met women who are the same way.

But to slash someone's tires goes far beyond being upset. That's a criminal offense, and the person or persons responsible need a lesson to come out of this, up to and including jail time. Most parking lots have cameras these days. Hopefully one of them can help identify the culprit.

Last edited:
We have good news!
The university took swift action. The two boys were caught, arrested, charged and expelled. Eight students turned them in. Cat found out that she has quite a few friends there. One of her friends, L, got them together to check on Cat's car randomly. L gave them a name, as of a gang: "Cat's Posse." These students are going to support her through this and go to court with her. Cat took out personal charges against the boys this morning at the magistrate's office, and three students followed her and stood with her as she did this.
Cat absolutely refuses to leave the university. She told me on the phone that the American forefathers didn't give in to the British, and so she wasn't going to give in to bullies. Another girl told Cat she would loan Cat her gun.
This time, the only time Cat had tears was when she told me of this outpouring of support. And of course, she cried terribly over the loss of her uncle.
The university has apologized to us and to Cat. Cat won't leave because she has support of the students and she owes them to stand her ground.
This is where we are now. Also, we are going to sue the boys' parents. We feel, in this case, the parents are responsible as well. What kind of parents are these to raise children like this?
So, Cat has put her little size 4 foot down and she won't budge. She is determined to see this through and Cat's Posse is with her. Some of them were bullied, and they want to rise up against bullying.
Damn kids. Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn!
One boy, who likes Cat, was so angry yesterday it brought on an asthma attack in him. Cat felt terrible about this, and tried to comfort him.
I think she touches people without understanding she does this. She was very surprised of the support she has. But as I think about this, it really isn't such a surprise, is it?
We will be there next month, and we'll assess the situation. Aunty Stela is very proud of Cat, and so are we. Although I hate this situation, I have to let Cat do what she feels is right, for she is an adult now.
I think the people at the hospital from where we adopted Cat forgot to tell us she has a spine of steel.
Thank you all for being with her on this. She will be back soon, I think. She is resolved and firm and is going to see this through.

MammaCat

MammaCat, that's wonderful news. I'm so pleased to hear about Cat's Posse. I'm also pleased that the boys were turned in by students and arrested and expelled. It's good that the university has apologized. I hope that means they now understand that bullying has to be nipped in the bud.

Back
Top Bottom