Caution: disturbing picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgeous women are described as "eye candy". That to me is just sad. The girl in the first photo looks as though she has serious health issues and is so fragile that the slightes illness, a cold or flue, could put her life in jeapardy. It may not be true, but that's what she looks like to me.

I have to admint, a body and face like the one in the second picture would turn my head, but not my heart or emotions. Personality, intelligence, integrity, and a love of happiness are far more important traits than is the surface beauty. Some people never understand that.

I could be said that in a perfect world, all women would be healthy, fit, and beatiful, as would all men. But I think that a perfect world would consist of all men and women being fit, healthy, and no matter the face, or body type, everyone would find everyone else attractive based on who the people are, not what they look like.

I imagine there are many of us who would like to return to our prime, to be able to look like we did when we were 21, or 18, or whenever it is that we like ourselves. But you know, at 52 years, and being a bit heavier, and not as able to leap over an automobile hood in a single bound, or run up 7 stories of stairs without being winded, I'm happier with who I am. I've learned more of what is important in life, and what I can discard as having less worth.

It is my prayer that one day soon, the people of the world will quit worrying about the material and temporary things of the world, and start behaving like adults, people who seek to make the world a bit better by living on it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

P.S. I didn't write this long bit of a post to satisfy you Bucky, but is it long enough?:ROFLMAO:

lol, i was wondering what was wrong with my monitor, gw. i kept looking for pages 2 and 3.

well said, btw.

i think the picture is horrific!

i've never really liked very skinny women, not that i can remember. i mean, i'm not a chubby-chaser, but a woman should be soft and curvy in three dimensions. not boney and gaunt, or sick looking. muscular is ok, to a degree, but protruding bones is just gross.

in fact, now that i'm older and understand the world a little, i kinda like a woman if she has a little bit of the ol' saddle bags, and maybe a little belly. to me, that means she might enjoy eating well, an obvious hobby of mine, and hopefully isn't obsessed by her looks. if she isn't perfect but is still happy with herself, then it speaks volumes as to how she sees life, and how much easier it'll be to get to know and befriend the real person inside.

I know what your saying about wishing to look young again, but we should be the best we can be at any age...............but there is a but here (no pun intended). I'm looking at the high side of 50, and what age has done to my body makes me wish for my younger days. I don't recognize my reflection in the mirror. I see my mother's hands in mine. Gravity is the enemy now. Girls, you know what I'm talking about. But, Goodweed, I do try to be the best that I can be no matter what my body looks like today. If life gives you a prune........make prune juice.:)

I was pretty shocked to see that photo on Yahoo! News. I had though that the Paris fashion shows had decided to ban the too-skinny models from modeling. The 2nd photo posted is reasonable I think, but I don't think I would like to see girls much skinnier than that. It sets a bad example.

Here's a photo of my fiancee, 2 or 3 years out of date. I think she also falls under the category of "aceptable, but shouldn't get any smaller" Of course, there are things about her she thinks are too big, and I suppose there will always be something she about her that she thinks needs improvement. It's sad that the image of emaciation has become the ideal of beauty for so many.

n220067929739492tz4.th.jpg

As a mother of a 6 year old daughter, this really scares me. I've already had to have a talk with Savannah because not long ago she said she needed to go on a diet!!:ohmy: I love my little girl just the way she is & it breaks my heart to hear her say things like that at such a young age. I can remember being a size 1 or 2 in high school & junior high & I hated it, it was hard to find clothes that fit & didn't hang off of me. I ate well & pretty much all the time, I just never gained weight. I don't ever want to go back to being that way again. I wish the people who think this is beautiful would take a real look inside these girls & see what kind of damage it causes. It's really sad!

Edited to add: I just showd my son, TC, the first picture & he thought she was a man. After I told him it was a women, he said, "You can see her ribs, that could kill her." Just goes to show that even a 9 year old boy dosen't think it's good to be that skinny.

Last edited:
Being in the fashion and entertainment industry, you will be shocked at what you do see. I feel sad that it's affecting (infecting is probably the right word) the whole world.Designers however are to blame a lot of the times.They want models who have barely anything to keep them warm and I don't mean clothes.They choose the models and make clothes that can barely fit the normal person. I have been turned down many times because I wasn't skinny enough, but I have also tuned down jobs that gave me ultimatums like if you lose such an amount of kilos by this time the job is yours.Some people are skinny by nature, others starve themselves to look skinny. It's terrible.Lets just raise our children to know better.

Well heres something What about the medical issues.. Like bone problems and fraileness etc. Underweight people are just as much of a risk to certain diseases as overweight

Designers should look at what clothes actually SELL in stores

Back
Top Bottom