Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
urmaniac13 said:
csalt, I am so happy to hear about your hubby's steady recovery!! Let's hope he will regain his full health soon and be able to enjoy the summer!!
and hey, your "red devil" looks so happy with all the TLC you are giving!!;)

Yeah CJ, it is still early over there, isn't it... enjoy your sunday!!:cool:

Just to explain..the 'Red Devil' is a rose bush given to me as gift by a 94 year old gentleman to whom I was a Caregiver. The other is called 'Whisky Mac'
We used to laugh because the 'Red Devil' can be an apt description of me at times and Whisky Mac of him as he never let a day go by without his 2 glasses of whisky ( and about 4 of wine!):)

csalt, you've made up my mind for me. I'm just going to have to get a Whisky Mac rose for my garden. My Dad had one years ago and I loved the colour and the scent. Now it just seems that wherever I go, I keep finding references to it. One a day for the last week, it seems! And now you.

Anyway, glad to hear your husband is on the mend.

Snoop Puss said:
csalt, you've made up my mind for me. I'm just going to have to get a Whisky Mac rose for my garden. My Dad had one years ago and I loved the colour and the scent. Now it just seems that wherever I go, I keep finding references to it. One a day for the last week, it seems! And now you.

Anyway, glad to hear your husband is on the mend.

Oh I do hope you enjoy your 'whisky mac' rose Snoop Puss. It will remind you often of your Dad won't it? I love having plants in our garden which remind me of special things.
I have another beautiful rose which was given to us by a couple from Omaha who visited us last year. ( I 'met' them on a Daily Reflection site I use) I've christened it after them and every now and then send them a pic of it!

Whisky Mac; Red Devil and C'loney/Bill!:)

Lovely roses csalt!

Csalt and Snoop, another one of this colour, but the old fashioned scent and shape is Pat Austin. (From of course Austin roses.) I am not drawn to the golds so much, but Pat Austin is truely gorgeous and was amoung the roses I picked for my wedding flowers! The colour is like a whiskey Mac, dipped in copper and bronze, on fire at Sunset. ;)

Well, I have a flower celebration too. Its so hot that the white bunch DH brought home last night promptly drooped, depite my best efforts, this morning they looked drunk! DH is away tonight, and so I kissed him and packed him off and got on with the day. THEN, at lunchtime who should walk in but my superhusband; he said he could not leave me without flowers in the house (this is a new, but much approved of turn of events!) and so had brought me some yellow and orage flame tulips! With a kiss, the bunch of flowers and a bottle of water he left again! I am so lucky to have him, and I am amazed, at a time of really high pressure of work he took time to bring me a bunch of flowers. I really don't know how I got so lucky as to get chosen by him!

its a celebration in itself to celebrate twice in one day, especially a day that franklly had a lot of downs! But as well as the post above I had another most wonderful compliment from some people I really value and its private and really, honestly made me feel valued! Ha, and dh is away so I get the WHOLE bed to stretch on...apart from the cats!

And we'rte going there now!

I know you're not as old as this Lulu:rolleyes: but the sentiment's the same. You must be so very happy to have such a thoughtful and caring DH and I bet you miss him from that bed really:) and I'm sure the compliment to you was richly deserved.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure I missed him t5hat much, it was a hot night and for once I got to really sprawl out! He's back tonight though, so I'll be back in my corner but cuddled....its a win win choce really!

Every once in a while I step in it and I did today, but it wasn't bad. I stepped into something great!

Let me explain that I'm a consummate bargain hunter.
Buck says I can make a penny scream. Don't know. I just know I like my dollars to go as far as I can make them.

Today was a great example.

One of my primary goals today was to buy a pattern and some fabric to make pajamas for one of our grandsons. The fabric HAD to be Thomas the Train. That was a given and I had already bought some at Wal-Mart to make him a pillowcase. I knew where to get that.

I checked the fabric books in the stores and selected Simplicity a pattern. Went to a hobby store to get the $10.00 pattern because all Simplicity patterns are $1.99 this week. Cool. Got the pattern and checked for the fabric, just in case they had it. Nope.

BUT...the biggest quilter's show in the world (seriously) was here last week and all the surplus fabric the store'd purchased for the quilters was hugely discounted. I found a cute teddy bear fabric ($5.00/yard) and bought 1 1/2 yards. It was now $1.00 per yard.

I had a 40% off coupon I used at check-out and for the $17.50 regular charge for the goodies, I paid a few cents over $3.00. Then I went to Wal-Mart and bought Thomas the Train fabric.

Young master Ian is going to get 2 pairs of pajamas.

Yippee!

OK, gotta share.

My girls are busy campers at this time of year. They both dance (and enter competitions) and play ball. We RUN all through May and June.

So...they have both brought home medals in their last competitions! I'm so proud! Bugs brought home a High Gold from the last competition she was in (they placed 4th in the first one so no medal there), and Madeleine brought home a silver yesterday! Madeleine is competing in a Duet today so I'll post how she did later. (Poor kid has a cold and might not be able to sing well!)

My other celebration is that it is STILL sunny and beautiful outside! I got to plant my tomatoes this weekend and put pansies in pots on my front step. I haven't planted all my petunias yet as we still might get frost in the evening sometime this month and I don't want to take that risk. I had such a lovely weekend enjoying the weather, my family and puttering in the yard. AHHHHH!

I'm so happy you all had such a lovely weekend. Congratulations to your girls.:)

I'm glad you had a nice weekend Alix!!

I'm super duper happy because in THREE MORE DAYS I will be home in San Francisco for two weeks!!!!! I haven't seen my family, friends and my beautiful city by the bay since last October!

I'm soooo excited, can you tell?!?!??!

Congratulations to your girls Alix! I'm so happy to hear you're doing well and I commend you for being a great mom. Keep us posted on Madeleine's Duet competition.

May I brag a bit too? Amanda got 1st place in Art Smart UIL competition, commended performance in Reading, Math and Science TAKS (state exams), and her Reading teacher will be publishing a book for Amanda. She's now working on the illustrations. I couldn't be more proud of my girl.

YAY Amanda!! And atta girl Dina! You're raising a smartie there!

And just to add to my button bursting, Madeleine and her buddy Kristen got a GOLD! They were so pleased! And so was I!!

Hey mudbug, at her age, 48 hours of pleasantness IS cause to celebrate.

And thanks all for the congrats for the girls, I'll pass it along.

With everything bad going, at least there are 2 things that are good. My baby turns 20 today. Whew, I feel old now. And, I was offered manager position at our new storage facility and I accepted. It will be a little while before I actually get going on it. We have to train a person and then it will be REALLY slow there until the remodeling/ upgrading construction is finished. Right now, it only has 53 storage units and parking. We are expanding to have 30 more parking and about 100 more storage units. It's boring there right now because of noone knowing of the upgrading. It was a mess before the boss bought it. I hope that it won't take long to get it going good so I have things to do all day. I'm also doing uhaul rentals as I do at the other place.

That's brilliant news. I'm sooo pleased for you TG. Hope all goes well with the promotion and keep your chin up at home too.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom