Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L said:
What a wonderful day kadesma! I'm glad your family is so nearby so that you can enjoy many good days like that!

:) Barbara
Barb, I'm glad they are close by too. Right about now, I needed those sticky kisses and faces..There is nothing better:)

kadesma

I'm celebrating the fact that I'm alive, breathing, walking, and talking. I have HBP, asthma, allergies, Carpal Tunnel, and arthritis - so every day that I can get up and move is a good thing to me.

Kadesma: You're blessed with family. I'm so happy for you.

cjmobxnc: Prayers, karma and energy are going your way. We should all be thankful for our health. I couldn't agree more with you.

Corazon: Congrats!!! I bet you enjoy every minute dancing. I should pick up on a dance class when the kids go back to school.

My kids are all coming here today to celebrate the burning of my mortgage and our close friends getting a loan for their first house! WooHoo! It may seem kind of shallow, but for me, it represents feeling really secure. I grew up very poor, and even though I've been relatively fortunate financially for most of my married life, I've always known that things can change in a flash. I'm so lucky to have 7 wonderful children and that we are all so healthy and I'm profoundly grateful for it every day. But my one big dream has always been to own my home outright so that no matter what, we would always have a place. I've lived in this house for 22 years and even though it's old and in constant need of repair, it speaks to me daily of all the joys (and hard things) we've lived through here. My youngest child was born in this house. My Father-in-Law died in this house. My children learned to crawl and walk and talk and read and became the lovely people they are inside this house. I can picture ending my days in this house and perhaps my children or their children raising families here. And our friends are finally able to start this dream too. So that's what we're celebrating here today - all 14 of us! (Also, I'm celebrating having learned to make ribs from you fine folks at DC so I have good food to feed all these people!)

Fisher's Mom said:
My kids are all coming here today to celebrate the burning of my mortgage and our close friends getting a loan for their first house! WooHoo! It may seem kind of shallow, but for me, it represents feeling really secure. I grew up very poor, and even though I've been relatively fortunate financially for most of my married life, I've always known that things can change in a flash. I'm so lucky to have 7 wonderful children and that we are all so healthy and I'm profoundly grateful for it every day. But my one big dream has always been to own my home outright so that no matter what, we would always have a place. I've lived in this house for 22 years and even though it's old and in constant need of repair, it speaks to me daily of all the joys (and hard things) we've lived through here. My youngest child was born in this house. My Father-in-Law died in this house. My children learned to crawl and walk and talk and read and became the lovely people they are inside this house. I can picture ending my days in this house and perhaps my children or their children raising families here. And our friends are finally able to start this dream too. So that's what we're celebrating here today - all 14 of us! (Also, I'm celebrating having learned to make ribs from you fine folks at DC so I have good food to feed all these people!)
Your dream of a home that is yours alone is not shallow. It's a compliment to you and your family..You've worked hard to get where you are and you deserve a brava well done for it. Have a wonderful fun filled day..Enjoy that you are all together in your OWN home to celebrate.

kadesma:)

What a nice thing to see posted here and a reminder that we should all celebrate the milestones in our lives. Sometimes we get so bogged down in whatever is current that we let the important things slide. Thanks for the reminder.

Fisher's Mom, that is definitely not shallow! It is a day I look forward to very much. You have good reason to celebrate!

:) Barbara

Definitely NOT shallow. We have outright owned our homes since selling our first one. It is a good feeling to write checks for all my bills and at the end of the month not owe anyone a dime. Sweet freedom is what it is. So many people are burdened by debt. One time my sister commented on the fact that I don't itemize on my tax returns. I told her it is because I own everything I have -- I llive debt-free. She commented that she owns her house. I replied, you don't understand, I own my home. She gave me a blank look and her husband finally chimed in with, you do know that THE BANK owns our house, don't you. OH. It is wonderful to have that feeling, and good cause for celebration. Enjoy it. Everyone I know who has made their last mortgage payment has thrown a party!

Oh boy am I proud and happy right now. My oldest granddaughter Alyssa who just turned 14 has won the Nor/Cal junior rodeo circut..She was the overall best in her age class..This little gal can ride like the wind, rope, barrel race, pole bend, you name it Lys can do it. Her little sister who will be 13 in february came in 3..These girls have been riding since they learned to sit up. Mother would plop them on the horse with pops their granddad and off they would go. Now they not only ride and compete, they can break and train a horse as well as work with their dads cattle to show them They help with the branding, take care of any calf or foal who loses their mom..Alyssa won fist place with highest points and her prize was a brand new Pink saddle. Her favorite color. Along with all of this both girls passed their school classes with a's and b's..Wow..I'm so excited I bet I hardly sellp tonight...Sorry for blathering on so much, but just had to toot their horns for them..
Alyssa and Gianna's Ma

You have such a great family kadesma! I love to hear about them. You are obviously very proud of them all, and with good reason! Congratulations to Alyssa and Gianna!

:)Barbara

Thanks Dina,licia and Barb L. I am proud...Kids are such a joy..I consider myself one lucky Ma:LOL:

They are a pretty special bunch and you're lucky to have them, just as they are lucky to have such a wonderful Ma!

Thanks Alix,
I just love these kids..They are the best that life offers.

Grandchildren are Gods Blessings, to us - I am so happy for you, and feel the love and pride you have for each . Treasure each moment as I know you do. Congrats. to Alyssa and Gianna - great job girls !

Back
Top Bottom