"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #151
Head Chef

Wohoo, I am celebrating that I am back! I wiped my cookies and my passwords with them last week and was in a rush and then off for the weekend, and just managed to sort it out! Hurrah for DC!

Old 02-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #152
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalyst
Sizz, Max is real a cutie! I'm a softie on the orphans.... 6 of my 10 pets were adopted. DH has banned me from the "shelter day" at the pet store.
But they truly are the best pets... they seem to know how lucky they are.

On the charity thing, I discovered PetSmart has "Recycle for Life." PetSmart Charities I send in old ink cartridges ( they take old cell phones, too) and the money goes to animals instead of the office stores. They have the postage-paid envelopes right at the checkout.
Hey thanks for that information I'll def. be saving those things for them.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #153
Master Chef

Hope your feeling much better Alix.
Congrats on the Anniversary Tex! Ditto on the missing seeing you around here.
Tell Savannah Happy Birthday for me Crewsk. Good news about TJ too!
Corazon......Aidan sounds like a wonderful brother! So glad they didn't get hurt.
Glad to see you back Lulu.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #154
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalyst
On the charity thing, I discovered PetSmart has "Recycle for Life." PetSmart Charities I send in old ink cartridges ( they take old cell phones, too) and the money goes to animals instead of the office stores. They have the postage-paid envelopes right at the checkout.
Thank you so much for this information!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #155
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m pleased that I`ve made a few folks happy today, I was at the monthly committee meeting this morning and came up with an idea that will save not only loads of cash but also get the job done :)

it involves me stripping down Solar powered garden lamps and building them into Dummy Cameras, so that at night the light comes on and they Look Active :)

that way we can mount them on poles, maintainance free, no live feed to them or expensive wire runs, and all our gardens and veggies won`t get stollen and Chavs will think twice about breaking in the area and burning our potting sheds etc...

no batteries to change, no wires to run, apparently Active... what more do ya need :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #156
Master Chef

Too cool , YT!!

I guess I missed the last page of responses before I did. Thank you everyone, I miss being here. Work is really hectic and then coming home and processing food and cooking twice gets time consuming to say the least.
He isn't doing any better. We're to the point that he just has to deal with it. It amazes me that of all the accomplishments that the medical profession has done, nothing can be done for my husband!! It's depressing. We had fun with my son. Sorry, no pics. Really didn't think about it. I was happy to see him. He's healthy and happy, that's all that matters to me.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #157
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks everyone!!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #158
Head Chef

I am almost singing with happiness! We have been interviewing hapless person after happless person for the easy job oif weekend catsitting so we can wander further afield at weekends, and just a few minutes a go I employed the most wonderfully happy and seemingly sharp girl from NY to come in. The cats loved her and she seems happy to dodge our landlord and seems like she'll be able to slam the door shut and not let the girls run out. So, I am happily going away for the weekend!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #159
Everymom

YAY lulu! Have a lovely time. (And boy I feel your pain about finding the right person to catsit!)
Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #160
Everymom

YT2095? Are you here? I just want to say THANK YOU!!! I tried your suggestion about raising my core body temp for several hours (which really isn't difficult where I work!) it WORKED! The spots in my throat are nearly all gone and I can swallow without pain for the first time in a week.

OK, yes I know it was likely getting to the end of its run anyway, but honestly, it was not getting appreciably better until this morning. So if this ever happens to one of you, take YT's advice and heat yourself right up for a while.