Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is great! A lot of people don't realize how much that can affect kids. Even though I'm sure James's dad was proud of him and probably showed it other ways (I hope so anyway), James can't recall his dad ever saying, "I'm proud of you." To this day it hurts. Some people don't need to be reassured with words. His dad was probably that type. Some really do need that though.

So, keep on letting your kids know how proud you are of them (through words and actions). They will definitey benefit from it.

:)Barbara

I wish I could say it comes from wisdom, but it comes from the same experience as James. I cannot recall my dad ever saying he was proud of me, but I can recall the countless criticisms.
I don't want my kids feeling that way when they grow up...

I wish I could say it comes from wisdom, but it comes from the same experience as James. I cannot recall my dad ever saying he was proud of me, but I can recall the countless criticisms.
I don't want my kids feeling that way when they grow up...
Good for you. I'll bet your kids are as proud as can be of you too.

Youngest got a job!!!! WOOHOO!!!! He moved back home too. That's a downfall, but, he will be able to get back on his feet faster and pay us back and not get his truck repo'd.

Congrats, Stacy!!! I'm always thrilled when one of the kids gets a new job - especially if they have been out of work. You never know when maturity will start kicking in!

Stacy, I'm glad to hear that your son has gotten a job. Hopefully things will begin to turn around for all of you now.

Stacy,
that is wonderful..I'm thrilled for you..At last things are turning around..
cj

Good to hear Stacey.

My celebration is that we have had an Ofsted inspector in at work for the last two mornings (these are statutory inspections of preschools). She finished today and fed back, I'm not allowed to tell you exactly what happened until the official publication of the report, but the thread may give a clue.

We are fizzing a little.

Great news Stacy!

We sold our elliptical cross trainer over the weekend and got a great price. We also won £10 on the lottery. And today I got a great much needed haircut! Things are lookin up!

My super awesome husband sent me off to the grocery store alone and stayed up (works nights) with the kids, and to "pull out the dishwasher to see what it needs".
10 min after I got home a wierd delivery truck pulls in the driveway.

HE GOT ME A BRAND NEW ONE!!!

He's so sneaky sometimes, but I love it!!!

:)

'cept now he's been swearing at it for 2 hours and putting holes in the floor.........

Suzie,
to heck with the holes in the floor, the guy heeds a big hug..That was a wonderful thing he did
kadesma:)

Well, after 8 months I got my permcath taken out..Wow, I cant believe it's not there anymore..It feels so good..Yippeeeeeee

kadesma

kades, my celebrations seem so stupid compared to yours.
I am so glad for you! I hope you are taking a DEEP sigh of relief!
........ and running around in circles!

Suzie, hope you're enjoying it! Kads, I'm feeling really silly here, because I don't know what a permcath is! I don't know if I should say good or bad.

Suzie, hope you're enjoying it! Kads, I'm feeling really silly here, because I don't know what a permcath is! I don't know if I should say good or bad.
Loprraine,I'm glad you don't have an up close realtionship with a permcath..It is an access site or a cath put in by the carotid arteries so that you can be dialized when your kidneys fail..It's ugly but it saved my life...Now I do my own dialysis at home with a different method..So the original cath was removed today..So good is something that really makes me smile..So please don't feel silly..be glad for me and thank you:)
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom