"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #251
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you Txgirl. Well today my daughter got commended performance in Science, Reading and Math TAKS with perfect scores on all exams. She was named the only one in the whole school to achieve these scores. I was so proud and happy for her! She also got chosen as a Duke University talent search and A Honor Roll. Later, she and her classmates sang "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins to their teacher, gave her roses and presented her with a powerpoint presentation of pictures of their year together. Almost everyone was in tears as you can imagine (mostly us moms). The day was amazing and today I celebrate my beautiful daughter and beautiful people who care like her teachers.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #252
Sous Chef

Congratulations Dina on your 2nd Graders achievements; on your evident love and care for them and on your lovely daughter and her achievements and her equally lovely Mother.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #253
Everymom

Geez Dina, you have me sniffling and I'm a LOOOONG way from that auditorium. Congrats you your special lady. She is a wonderful girl. Hugs to you and all three of your sweethearts from their Canadian Auntie.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #254
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Fabulous news, Dina. You must be wanting to shout it from the top of a mountain. I know I would. Congratulations on a fine, fine job of being a parent. Your daughter's achievements are a reflection of your love and support.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #255
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you all so much. We are so proud of her. She's now at the 5th/6th grade mascarade dance. She looked adorable in her dress. I will have to post some pics just as soon as I figure out the new camera.

Today, we are also celebrating my son passing his math class. Amazingly, he was able to bring it up 50 points within 2 weeks. I call it laziness on his part but he got his act together just as soon as he was told he wasn't going on vacation with us to Hawaii and staying with his uncle to go to summer school. But, YEY! He did it! I'm very proud of him too. Got to go cook something now. Thanks and talk to you all later. Hugs,
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #256
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Dina, you have every right to be proud of both your children , they both have done very well, and to show you and themselves they can succeed in whatever they choose.. Good job Kids !!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #257
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks Katie! That is good to know. I will be checking them out pretty often.

You will probably all laugh at my celebration, but I am serious! We have been married a little over 4 years and we just finally got a dresser a few days ago! We could never afford one before. Other than what we hung in the closet we didn't have anywhere to put any of our clothes (we do have a small cabinet for towels). We got a really good deal on this one. It is low and wide with 8 drawers, hunter green with a natural pine color top. We paid $45 for it. If it isn't new it is close to it. A few years ago my daughter did send money to buy a dresser (my Mother's Day gift), which we did. Unfortunately it had major problems so we returned it. The store didn't have any other dressers in that price range (it is kind of a "junk" shop, as the owner calls it, so she has some furniture but not much) so we were never able to replace it. You do not know how much getting this dresser meant to us. I feel much less slovenly.

Barbara
Old 06-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #258
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Thanks Katie! That is good to know. I will be checking them out pretty often.

You will probably all laugh at my celebration, but I am serious! We have been married a little over 4 years and we just finally got a dresser a few days ago! We could never afford one before. Other than what we hung in the closet we didn't have anywhere to put any of our clothes (we do have a small cabinet for towels). We got a really good deal on this one. It is low and wide with 8 drawers, hunter green with a natural pine color top. We paid $45 for it. If it isn't new it is close to it. A few years ago my daughter did send money to buy a dresser (my Mother's Day gift), which we did. Unfortunately it had major problems so we returned it. The store didn't have any other dressers in that price range (it is kind of a "junk" shop, as the owner calls it, so she has some furniture but not much) so we were never able to replace it. You do not know how much getting this dresser meant to us. I feel much less slovenly.

Barbara
Barb,
that is great..except I'd never ever buy YOU as slovenly!!! I'm so happy for you..Just what you needed and at the right time..YEA!
kadesma
Old 06-11-2007, 12:37 AM   #259
Traveling Welcome Wagon

awwwwwwwwww thanks kadesma!

Barbara
Old 06-15-2007, 05:28 PM   #260
Everymom

My computer is mostly fixed! WOOHOO! Not all the way fixed, but working better than it has in AGES!

Daughter got awards yesterday, one for having an average above 90% overall and one for having the best mark in computers. And no...she didn't fix the computer. LOL.