"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #271
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Excellent Alix! May I celebrate with you? Heres to good health and nice days!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #272
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
A week ago yesterday morning our outside kitty, Chiefy, had a litter of kittens in a huge growth of ivy near the front porch. I counted 5 and I think she'd already moved 1 to a safe place near the woodpile by the kitchen.

I came out on the porch yesterday morning to feed the outside "children" and glanced over at a cardboard box I'd left there Saturday night. Tucker and Thelma had claimed it after I'd emptied it and I didn't have the heart to shoo them out.

When I looked in the box, I expected it to be empty because Tucker and Thelma were busily eating their breakfast. Instead, there were 5 sweet little kittens sleeping in a cozy pile.

There are 3 calico ones and two orange tabbies. So cute. Buck and I love kittens. There's nothing like watching them nurse with their nice mommy and, I can't wait, playing with anything on the porch.

I love new life and the hope it brings. Chiefy is a beautiful cat and, soon, her babies will be able to see how lovely she is. They're beginning to open their eyes. Let the games begin!!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #273
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Congratulations on the little kitty family Katie! I love kittens (and cats, and puppies, and dogs, and bunnies, and.... well if it is furry or alive I love it). I love listening to the mama cat purring as the babies nurse, and later as the babies learn to purr, listening to their tiny little motors running!

WooHoo on the family's health Alix! We both had check-ups today. For the second time in a row she said everything on James's blood work was perfect! Yay! My cholesterol was high and she started me on Lipitor, but I'm no longer anemic and she said my blood glucose is doing great.

Barbara
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #274
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
...two orange tabbies.
LOL We have somehow hit on a theme when naming our orange tabbies. So far we have had Sunkist, Orange Julius, and Minutemaid.

Barbara
Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #275
Everymom

I had a few terrible moments of panic when a timetable I'd been working on to organize scorekeepers for roughly 60+ ball games went missing and I thought I would have to recreate it all from memory. I FOUND IT AND ITS ALL OK!!!! Holy celebration time for me!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #276
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Excellent Alix! May I celebrate with you? Heres to good health and nice days!

You bet Michele! Come celebrate with me anytime!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #277
Chef Extraordinaire

lots to celebrate today..First I got to have breakfast with DH and our oldest son this morning..It felt so good just to see and chat with him..Something we now are able to do every tuesday..Pa knew the girls and all the kids were coming for lunch so before he left for work, he put up the 11 foot high water slide we picked up for the kids..Everyone had a nice lunch, we played a bit and then we had a snow cone party...then back to the slide..If you wanted a site, you needed to see Olivia and Carson both nakid as j-birds climbing that great big slide then coming down head first Cade who feels he is to old to hob nob with the little ones rode a float with a motor in the big pool and Ethan went between pool and slide the best of both worlds for him.So, Ma is celebrating a day of laughs, kisses,blue,red and purple tongues and sticky hands and faces. Ahhh, life is sweet...

kadesma
Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #278
Everymom

Oh kadesma, that just sounds like heaven. I'm glad there were so many smiles and sticky kisses for you. No one deserves them more.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #279
Traveling Welcome Wagon

What a wonderful day kadesma! I'm glad your family is so nearby so that you can enjoy many good days like that!

Barbara
Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 PM   #280
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Oh kadesma, that just sounds like heaven. I'm glad there were so many smiles and sticky kisses for you. No one deserves them more.
Thanks Alix, it was so much fun.. Just think you have all this to look forward to one of these days..

kadesma