Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how will this work out budget wise. james is still waiting to hear on job, right. is he working while waiting.

babe
if this is to nosey tell me to back off.

:question:
We couldn 't afford to do it at any other point in our life. We have enough money now to get us through until James gets a good job.

:)Barbara

DW dropped her phone in town today - we got a call from the management company to say they had it and my eldest went off to retrieve it for her. Met her in town and they sorted it together.

I'm glad she got it back miniman. My best friend wasn't so lucky when she dropped hers. She accidentally flushed hers down a fast food restaurant's toilet!

:LOL:Barbara

a knock on the door from a florist. he had plants for me in a cute basket from my daughter.

she is recovering once again from another foot surgery. she lives about an hour away and it is not really safe for her to drive that far. i would love to see her and morgan but i totally understand.

this is her third surgery in a year and a half. she is sick of pain, and crutchs.

babe:) sure made me smile.opps. meant to put in smile thread. silly me:wacko:

Last edited:
OK, I need to brag a bit or my buttons are going to burst.

My kids have had a spectacular year of achievements. I just got back from watching my youngest perform in her school's talent show. I was so proud of her I actually teared up a bit. They had her close the show because it was so good. She modified a tap number that she'd done with her class and did it as a solo. Its in 7/8 time and really hard (not that most folks realize that but its part of why I'm so proud) and she just kicked BUTT. OK, so here goes my list of proud parent moments.

Madeleine:

5 medals in dance competition. 2 silver in group, 1 gold in group and 2 golds in duet.
Made it to City finals in Ball this year, but didn't take any medals. Still, she played like a professional. She was truly amazing out there, pitching, catching freaky line drives and hitting like a demon.
Performed in her recital and made me cry
Tomorrow she is getting the top academic award for her school and I'm trying like heck not to give it away to her. I'm so proud of her!

Mostly what I am proud of though is what another parent said to me about her today. This parent has had some trouble with her daughter at the school and is actually moving her daughter to another school as a result. What she said to me is that Madeleine is so generous and caring and has really been so wonderful to her daughter through all the crap going on. She told me what a sweet, loving and kind person my daughter is. Could you ask for more as a parent?

Well I need to go on. That was only my youngest.

Bugs has had a pretty fine year too. In spite of being injured early in her ball season (very badly! She's only been back to playing for a couple of weeks and needs her ankly brace to play) she is playing really well. Her on base average is 100%. Her team is going to represent Edmonton in the Provincial tournament in a couple of weeks and we anticipate that they will be one of two teams representing Alberta at the Western finals in Vancouver in August.
Kate missed all her dance competitions because of her injury, but performed all three nights of recital WITHOUT her ankle brace. And do you know, I really didn't hear many complaints about her being injured even though I know it was hard to sit and watch everyone dance and play ball without her.
And finally, she received an academic award for having an overall average in all core subjects over 90%. Its called the Principal's award. Considering some of the academic work I've seen her doing this year I am so proud. (Must be her fathers DNA! I was too busy "socializing" to get that kind of average.)

OK, thanks for letting me brag about my kiddos. I'm just so proud of them I could bust. And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

OK, we have a Venting thread, and heaven knows we all need that from time to time.

This one is to share the fabulous moments in our lives, or the little triumphs and joys that we just can't keep in.

Mine is from yesterday. My Great Aunt turned 100 years old. That in itself is pretty amazing, but the coolest bit of it is that she is still as sharp mentally as you could want to be. She has a better memory than I do, she keeps up with current events and world affairs and is just the sweetest lady you'd want to meet. She got a great party yesterday too. She got certificates of congratulations from the leaders of all three levels of government, AND a certificate from the Queen too. She even got recognized in a little clip on the news.

In chatting with her yesterday she mentioned that shes gone from horse and buggy to today. Pretty neat. And still able to remember it all and tell us about it.

is she still alive today??

Yep, she is now 101 and will be 102 in November. The body is frail but the mind is still sharp.

I know texasgirl. I shouldn't really say anything but I'm just bustin'! They would make me proud no matter what but they really outdid themselves.

Isn't it wonderful being a parent, Alix???? You must be on top of the world with them both doing so fantastically! (Although if you managed to post some pics of your girls, we could oooh and ahhh even louder. hint, hint)

My kids are making me proud right now, too. My second son Nick just got a mortgage for his first house! He had saved enough money to make a really big down payment so he was able to get a mortgage even though he has very little credit established. I'm so happy for him. And my 18 year old son Sebastian just got his drivers license today! He passed the test with flying colors. And my little Fish lost his other front tooth. (That makes 5!) Oh, and yesterday was my 36th anniversary. So I'm smiling all over - life is good!

Alix,
Give all the girls a big hug and give you and Ken super big hugs for doing such a wonderful job.
kades

Isn't it wonderful being a parent, Alix???? You must be on top of the world with them both doing so fantastically! (Although if you managed to post some pics of your girls, we could oooh and ahhh even louder. hint, hint)

My kids are making me proud right now, too. My second son Nick just got a mortgage for his first house! He had saved enough money to make a really big down payment so he was able to get a mortgage even though he has very little credit established. I'm so happy for him. And my 18 year old son Sebastian just got his drivers license today! He passed the test with flying colors. And my little Fish lost his other front tooth. (That makes 5!) Oh, and yesterday was my 36th anniversary. So I'm smiling all over - life is good!
Happy Anniversary Terry,
you have plenty to be proud of..And I know all the work it takes.
kadesma:)

I know texasgirl. I shouldn't really say anything but I'm just bustin'! They would make me proud no matter what but they really outdid themselves.

Of course you should say something, scream it to the world woman!!:LOL:

Fisher's Mom said:

that is GREAT!! and congrats on the anniversary!!

Done Fisher's Mom. I put them in an Album on my Profile. Hope they show up.

Oh, and yesterday was my 36th anniversary. So I'm smiling all over - life is good!

Congratulations! Holy cow 36 years! WELL DONE!

This is a little "off" for a smile...
We took our soda cans in to recycle after 3 years...... 17 bucks at 75 cents a lb.
It's the LACK of $$ we got that made me smile, because it means DH is actually drinking a ton less soda!!!!
Last time we took them it was also about 3 years worth, the price was 50 cents a lb and we got $40.
:)

Yay suzi! Thats good news! Glad to see your DH is making healthier choices.

Our recycling fees are different, its 5 cents per can. I wonder which way works out to more $?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom