Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I'm celebrating what a fine little boy Cade is. Here it is almost Christmas, and we went toy shopping for his brother Carson, his cousins, Olivia and Ethan. He never once asked for a thing!! He just had a ball chosing things for the others:) As we left the toy store, he asked, Ma, when you go shopping with auntie tomorrow, would you get something for me to give to a little boy at school, his dad just left and his mom has no money and my teacher is worried about him..Santa is getting a great big letter about this... Boy am I proud to be his Ma
kadesma

Constance said:
What a sweet child, Kadesma. Give him a hug from g'ma Connie.
I just did G'ma:) Cade say's thank you and sends one your way.

kadesma

This is the most beautiful thread, its made me all misty eyed reading everyone's posts.
My little celebration is that Riley has learnt to roll over! (He is a baby not a dog lol) and Jess found her dad's lost stubby holder! (its an Australian thing to put your beer in) He'd been cross cause it had gone missing.
I celebrate all of you, who have made me realise today when I am at a very low point, that there are things in my life to celebrate.Thankyou all.

OK, reading about Michelemarie's young lady, Cade and Riley brought some mist to my eyes as well. I'm so pleased to read all the little celebrations of our lives. I'm glad it brings you some joy too.

mrsmac, I can't believe Riley is so big already! And yay about the stubby holder! Do you still have stubby bottles in Oz? They are making a resurgence here in Canada.

Last weekend I performed with a choreographer I've been working with and we got reviewed in the New York Times!!! It's the first time I've been in the NYT and I'm so excited! YEA!!!!

I am very proud of Cade, he is truly a sweet kind little person. I also, am proud to be a member of this family here at DC. All the mothers, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles, and all these beautiful children to get to know and grow to care about..We have a unique group of people here, who should know, that as we gather around the dinner table this Thanksgiving, that my family and I will raise a glass in a toast to all of you. May, your thanksgiving be filled with good food and loving family and friends.

kadesma:)

Good for you, Michelemarie. I commend you for being a great mom. My 12 year old is working on his own homework and school projects now and we have less conferences with his teachers....thank goodness. It was just a matter of time for him to get his act together. DH works less and spends more time with him too. That is what our son needed to...a Dad.

My most recent celebration is my kids report cards. Madeleine got all A's and Kate (Bugs) brought home an overall average of 94.5%!! Holy cow! I am so proud I could bust!

Wow, you all have such great kids.....maybe one day I'll have a DC kid too, lol. It makes me really happy to hear about all these good things happening to good people. :)

My celebration is we finally fixed a date for me to join DH in Italy. I spent a fortune on car insurance (like a month's salary type fortune) and have arranged the cats and me to go in the Channel Tunnel in our car and drive over on Annunciation holiday in Italy. So, it suddenly feels very soon, and although I am now having packing-terrors, the idea that soon DH, the cats and I will all be in one place again is so good!

We had our first snow of the season last night. A couple inches at our house. Aidan woke up and said "I'm gonna put on my boots and my jacket to go outside!" He was excited and played in the yard for a half hour until his "thumbs got too cold."

Cool Alix! Congratulations to your girls. They take after their smart mom. Thanks Michelemarie. I even got an email from one of his teachers that he did really well on his last math test. I was afraid to open the email, then finally...took a deep breath, opened it and it was GREAT NEWS! He had passed his test. Sigh!

OK, I know I am harping on about this, but its only one more night I have to spend apart from DH! He is meeting me for the journey, whther here or Calais depends on when he can leave work but I can't wait.....speaking of which I'll paak the Mac tomorrow morning and won't have connectionimmeadiately in Milan, so I might be a while visiting here.

Oh lulu, I'm excited FOR you. I hope you have a wonderful reunion and that you aren't missing too long. Hugs!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom