"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #311
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Congrats!! Have you got a new home picked out??

Old 10-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #312
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Wow, so many good celebrations the last couple days!

I am so glad you sold your house Corazon! See, it didn't take as long as you feared! Congratulations!

Loppraine, you bring back memories of Christmas 2000! The good memories that is (there were some VERY bad memories from that Christmas season too, as my mom had died on the 11th). That is when I met James face-to-face for the first time (we had met online March 30th of that year). I hope you and your sweetie have a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!

Texasgirl, congratulations to your son on getting his license! It's funny--I knew from the time my daughter Nancy was 5 years old that she would be a good driver. We were at Straw Hat Pizza (long since closed) and she decided to try her hand at the Pole Position [driving] game. She did so well that she beat the high score of the day! She did just as well every time she played driving games, growing up. She didn't want to get her license at 16--she felt she needed to be a little more mature (she was pretty mature to begin with, but that was her choice). She really did turn out to be an excellent driver.

My celebration--Not sure how special it is because they might give them to everyone who enters, but today I got an Honorable Mention certificate for one of the four stories I entered in a Writer's Digest writing competition a few months ago. I didn't expect to win anything (although it would have been nice!), but I wanted to see what they expected, so next year I will try again. I checked it out as much as I could before entering because I wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam like poetry.com. So anyway, even if seven zillion other people got Honorable Mention, I'm the only one on my block to get it. LOL

Barbara

Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #313
Executive Chef

Thanks everyone!
We are looking at houses right now and we definitely have our eye on one of them.
Whoohoo! I'm so relieved! I just hope all the paperwork and details are smoothe.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #314
Chef Extraordinaire

Sunday was the perfect day...I had all four of my kids and their families here for the day. We ate, talked, watched the babies play, ate some more..The best part, for me, being able to cook for them and yet have the time to pick up Carson and get kisses, to give in to Olivia's uppy uppy ma, to cuddle Ethan with a blanket as he was not feeling all that great, and then to sit and paint some Christmas decorations with Cade...he has discovered the world of giving gifts not just getting them Now today, getting up, and getting the urge to do something in the kitchen..I got in and made 4 dozen oatmeal,chocolate chip, walnut cookies and the beer batter bread that Sierra Cook bumped up several days ago...I must say,life is so good, enjoy every minute of it.

kadesma
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #315
Executive Chef

I got a weekend job that will pay for my trips to the Renaissance Faire working at the Faire. I love having an excuse to buy all the fun stuff I've always wanted because she's already asked me back next season. :)
Old 12-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #316
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Today I Finally got a Positive result from a project I`ve been working on in my spare time for over a year, I am Now the proud owner of 2 Radioautographs that I made myself :)

an explanation here: The Fundamentals of Radioautography - Annual Review of Nuclear Science, 5(1):297 - First Page Image

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #317
Master Chef

Wow, YT, congratulations!! I won't even pretend I know what any of that said though. LOL But, you are happy and proud of it and I'm sure it was no easy thing to do and I'm proud of you too!

I am celebrating the Christmas day birth of another great niece!!
That makes 21 great nieces and nephews for me
Old 12-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #318
Everymom

NICE TG. Way to celebrate the season. I have a ton of greats too. Last count was...15 for me, with more to come soon.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #319
Chef Extraordinaire

joy, joy

georgia is coming home tomorrow. she was born christmas , way to early.now is breathing , eating, holding body tem.and eating on her own. she is a little fighter. we are all so excited. the mom is a little scared tonight , i am sure : smile:she will do just fine.

babetoo
Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #320
Master Chef

Most of the time I shop in the grocery here in town. But it always does not have what I need. Twenty plus miles away is a larger store that has a better selection. This morning I decided to drive to the other town to shop. About halfway there I saw a bald eagle sitting on a fence post. Of course, one of the few times that I left my camera at home. I usually carry a camera with me everywhere. The eagle was gorgeous. He had a snowy white head and he looked very majestic sitting on that fence post.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote