Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oldest son is on his way to Louisiana to a job with a construction crew that is rebuilding from Gustav and then to the Texas coast to do the same.
Great Stacy, that should lift some of the weight off your shoulders..Now to get you going..Let me know what happens..Of course, you know my feeling if he hires you he is wonderful, if not he's a bum:LOL:
Hugs and good luck
cj

Yes, it's a great opportunity and of course, I will worry endlessly, until he gets back, but, I pray that it will make him look at what has happened down there and realize how bad things can really get and make him appreciat what he has and be a better person.

Talk about celebration!! I just received word, via email, that I am descended from Nigerian royalty-which came as quite a shock to me as I am about as caucasian as I could be!!!

Sadly, these relatives were lost in the tragedy of 9/11** (moment of silence please) But, evidently, me being the only surviving heir, their fortune (and it is sizable) is rightfully mine!!!

As soon as Mrs Smoke King goes to bed(she doesn't trust anyone!), I'm going to email my bank acct info to the barrister acting on their behalf, so that he will be able to easily transfer the funds into my account. Tomorrow at this time I am going to be rich!!!!

Woo-hoo!! My ship has finally come in!!!!

**Even though most of you realize this is tongue-in-cheek, for those who may be taking offense at this,let me be very clear that I am poking fun at the sleazy purveyors of these scams-and I am in no way minimizing the WTC tragedy. OK?

Now that you'll be rich, you'll be sharing the wealth with your fellow DCers, right? :-p I hate those things. Most people know them for the scams that they are, but some people do fall for them. It is especially sad that they use such a tragedy to play on people's emotions.

:)Barbara

You said a mouthful Barb. The sad thing is, people are still falling for it, and as long as they do, these rotten :censored: will keep doing it.

Talk about celebration!! I just received word, via email, that I am descended from Nigerian royalty-which came as quite a shock to me as I am about as caucasian as I could be!!!

Sadly, these relatives were lost in the tragedy of 9/11** (moment of silence please) But, evidently, me being the only surviving heir, their fortune (and it is sizable) is rightfully mine!!!

As soon as Mrs Smoke King goes to bed(she doesn't trust anyone!), I'm going to email my bank acct info to the barrister acting on their behalf, so that he will be able to easily transfer the funds into my account. Tomorrow at this time I am going to be rich!!!!

Woo-hoo!! My ship has finally come in!!!!

**Even though most of you realize this is tongue-in-cheek, for those who may be taking offense at this,let me be very clear that I am poking fun at the sleazy purveyors of these scams-and I am in no way minimizing the WTC tragedy. OK?
Wonderfully done, Smoke King!!!

Today was my first day at work! Woohoo! I started substitute teaching in hopes of getting a full time position next year again in a nearby school. The wonderful thing is that the two schools I'm shooting for are a 2-minute drive from home. I'm happy that I have been asked to return tomorrow to sub in another classroom. Yey! I love being financially independent.

This is very small and silly and dumb... but....
my propane tank is full!!!!
It's been a bad year, we couldn't afford to fill it and had to borrow from my parents, but, things are looking up, AND I CAN COOK AGAIN!!!
LOL, I've been grilling, using the steamer and microwave and electric skillet as much as possible, for fear of running out and not being able to dry laundry....
Now I have to work 4 days and can't celebrate the heck outta my kitchen...
bummer.
But look out on tuesday.... I may end up cooking enough for the whole block!

Suzie, it's not silly, or small or dumb..It's important to you so just hearing your joy makes me smile..Enjoy your cooking marathon...You deserve it.You go girl.
kades:)

from one freeze baby to another.... thank you.
:)
oh, that was the other, she loaned us $$ for the heating oil, so, we won't be freezing to death when it's 20 below next week......

And thank you Kades... I wish I could e-mail my cooking to everyone on tuesday!

congrats, SQ! you can send food to me anytime and not just on Tuesday as my oven is now out :) When my sister lived in Michigan she told me how expensive heating oil was.....Wow!!

I celebrate the fact that everyone I knew in Houston made it thru Ike...........and nearly everyone's power is on though I miss one of my best friend's daily email jokes......she still must be without

from one freeze baby to another.... thank you.
:)
oh, that was the other, she loaned us $$ for the heating oil, so, we won't be freezing to death when it's 20 below next week......

And thank you Kades... I wish I could e-mail my cooking to everyone on tuesday!
WSell just give us a run down on what you fix and we can imagine..
kades;)

Good to hear Suzi!

My biggest celebration is that my oldest son, Justin (14 yrs.old), is heading to an ACTS retreat with the youth church group. I had been waiting for months for an opportunity to come along for him and experience what I did back in February. Although he's wonderful, I know he'll get a lot from this powerful experience. Once he's closer to God he will be ready for anything. I'm blessed with him and all of my family. Just wanted to share.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom