"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #331
Executive Chef
Redkitty, huge congrats !!! Babetoo, what great news! After a winter snowstorm (4 inches), in Virginia, my fiancee has finally decided that January may not be the best time to get married! I've been trying to convince him for months!!! Summer wedding here we come!

Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #332
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thank you all. Christopher had a wonderful birthday today also.

Originally Posted by redkitty View Post
I'm celebrating something so very wonderful....we found a place to live when we move home to San Francisco in June.
I'm so glad for you Redkitty. Congratulations!

Babetoo: Congratulations on your baby. I wish you much happiness.

Loprainne: Best wishes on your wedding.

If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #333
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
Redkitty, huge congrats !!! Babetoo, what great news! After a winter snowstorm (4 inches), in Virginia, my fiancee has finally decided that January may not be the best time to get married! I've been trying to convince him for months!!! Summer wedding here we come!
That's fantastic, I love summer weddings..I'm so happy for you.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #334
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Happy, happy, happy!

There's nothing like having a new kitten in the house. Our little Sally is a breath of fresh air. She was born June '07 and is so full of vim and vigor.

Buck and I just got home from the funeral visitation of my friend, Bob, a little while ago and we were not in - shall I say - the best of moods.

Well, that's all changed. Sally has been entertaining us in the family room for the last hour or so.

The room is large and not carpeted, so when she runs and slides she has no "gription" (as one of our sons said when he was a child).

Somewhere in the recesses of the room/furniture Sally found a tennis ball. Well...that's all she needed. Hit, slap, push, run, chase. Whatever a kitten can do with a tennis ball she did. Since these balls are "furry" she could get a good grip on them with her front claws and she went to town.

Then she rediscovered a toy mouse she'd been playing with while Buck and I ate lunch. Forget the tennis ball. The mouse was where it was AT!

Now, she's playing with the "people" on the television screen. When you're a kitten, everything's a toy.

Our troubles have been forgotten. Thanks Sally!

P.S. She must have known I was talking about her because she just jumped on my lap for a kiss. There are NO accidents.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #335
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm so glad you have Sally! I don't know what it is about kittens, but you're right. When they start playing, they are so full of unabashed joy. They don't care who is watching--they just go all out. And they do love to cuddle and somehow seem to know (I think Someone whispers in their ears) when we need something soft and furry to cuddle.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #336
Executive Chef
My DW is an IT Contractor and IBM have just renewed her contract for a year (normally the contracts are for a max of 3 months). This gives us another years security.
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #337
Congrats Miniman!!! What wonderful news for you and your family, and what a great way to start a weekend!
krichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #338
Last Day Home

I have been on maternity leave the past three months and will be heading back to work on Monday. That is not something I am celebrating as I would much rather be able to stay at home with my two children!! I am celebrating the fact that I have had three months of snuggling, playing, and just spending time with my kids! I have had the best last day at home starting with my two year old daughter climbing into bed with me this morning and giving me kisses on both cheeks and my nose and then this afternoon playing with my 3 month old son and listening to him giggle again and again for one of the first times whenever I'd tickle him!! While I will probably shed a few tears come Monday morning I have had the most wonderful three months at home and fortunately I am teacher which means I am already counting the days until summer vacation!!
Bean208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #339
Chef Extraordinaire
bean that makes me sad for u. my granddaughter has a week more before back to work. georgia is still so tiny, not even five pounds yet. wish she could stay home.

she is music director, paid, for her church. am sure or hope she can take baby with her.

babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #340
Senior Cook
Cool Australia Day

Today is actually Australia Day which is like Independence Day for you all in the US.

Probably a lot of beer, bbqs, prawns (shrimps), salads and pavlovas, and yes we do cook green prawns on the barbie!!! (marinated of course)

We are heading out a little later this afternoon to a venue to meet family and friends and end up back at my MIL and FIL house for a barbeque dinner and drinks. Some Jewel Pink Champagne and a couple of Baileys on ice might be the go I think!

Cath4420 is offline   Reply With Quote