Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing that my dog's baby picture took first place on another forum I hardly ever visit because of the awesome people here on DC. You guys rock. And Peanut get's a few extra cookies at bedtime tonight.

img_700231_0_5d44cae8e2c83814730cfa9a70109dd2.jpg

That's fantastic Dina.May he be drawn into that special circle and know the power of the LORD Bless all of you.
kadesma

Seeing that my dog's baby picture took first place on another forum I hardly ever visit because of the awesome people here on DC. You guys rock. And Peanut get's a few extra cookies at bedtime tonight.

img_700234_0_5d44cae8e2c83814730cfa9a70109dd2.jpg
Well then Peanut can be one of our many furry favorites here at
DC. He is just darling. What a snookie face:)
kadesma;)

My son is home!! I'm so glad!! They are still owed a lot of money, but, at least he's home now and can deal with it from here!! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so glad to hear that Stacy! So, which did you do first, hug him or kick him in the butt for not calling?!

Awwwwww! Peanut is adorable. No wonder he (she?) won first place!

:)Barbara

This is very small and silly and dumb... but....
my propane tank is full!!!!
It's been a bad year, we couldn't afford to fill it and had to borrow from my parents, but, things are looking up, AND I CAN COOK AGAIN!!!
LOL, I've been grilling, using the steamer and microwave and electric skillet as much as possible, for fear of running out and not being able to dry laundry....
Now I have to work 4 days and can't celebrate the heck outta my kitchen...
bummer.
But look out on tuesday.... I may end up cooking enough for the whole block!

What a wonderful Blessing! I hope you had a wonderful time!

img_700242_0_5d44cae8e2c83814730cfa9a70109dd2.jpg

Congratulations Dina....that's wonderful! Peanut deserved it!

My celebration is somewhat insignificant but, as I was filling time today between medical tests/etc., I made a stop at a Goodwill thrift store and found two amazing bargains. I bought two pair of slacks - one Alfred Dunner ($49 with tag still on) and a pair of Sag Harbor linen ones (no tag, but in mint condition). I walked out of the store after paying only $6 for both.

I wouldn't have purchased them if I didn't already feel they would match some tops I had at home. When I got home, I discovered I had no fewer than 6 tops that would match either or both.

Another celebration - I had a prescription from my doctor (new one) that I presented to the pharmacy (with a coupon). The whole prescription ended up being free. Without the coupon the prescription would have been $40.

Yeah!!!

Last edited:
That's wonderful news Stacy! Enjoy his company.

Peanut is gorgeous! His pic deserves to be in a calendar.

Congratulations Stacy!! What a relief to have him home!

Peanut is a lovely looking dog. Glad he joined our forums!! :)

Katie E - Take the good finds when you can get them; they balance out the times we get ripped off!!

Peanut is gorgeous! His pic deserves to be in a calendar.

Thank you Dina,
She is now 7 years old and the most wonderful dog I have ever had.
I promised my son a puppy for a year if he would go poopy in the potty. She was worth it. He actually wanted 2 puppies and was going to name them Peanut and Peanut!

I too have had a bit of a win today - well really it was my mum who did. We saw the oncologist today for the initial consultation, and whether he pulled strings cos my brother is a doctor (although he didn't really sound like he was when he spoke to others on the phone while we were there) or whether it is just how he operates, he arranged for mum to have her first bout of chemotherapy tomorrow morning. We have to get to his office by 8am, which means leaving here at 7:15am, so that she can have a pick line installed and then the treatment can begin. He typed out a plan of attack for us and gave us provisional treatment dates all the way through to April! He was quite optomistic that her cancer was treatable. Far cry from last week's surgical consult which only gave her a 15% chance of survival!! (The seven days since were tough on us both mentally!!!) The radiotherapy won't start until November. I am sooo tired though so can't really appreciate the full implication of it all.

Bilby,
will be thinking of you and your mom and praying she walks away from this and is well. it sounds as if this doctor has hope for her and that sure makes things easier to face. You need to take care of you..I understand the tiredness so please watch out and stay well.I'm here if you need to yell,cry or a good laugh..
kadesma

Got a job today. Doesn't pay worth a flip, $6.25, minimum wage. That makes me sick. Suppose to go up, the older you get, not go backwards. Anyway, it's at a Nursing Home in the kitchen, hehehe, poor people. I am cross training. I will be picking up their trays and helping clean and also learning to cook for 200+ people, lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom