"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #371
Master Chef

Hope you can feel all of our hands hold you right now CJ!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #372
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Hope you can feel all of our hands hold you right now CJ!!!!
That's odd Texas, but on the way home in the car, I had been so cold my teeth were chattering..All of a sudden I started to feel warmth along my face and then my arms and then it changed to all over me..I just had this incredible feeling, as if my folks and everyone were there in the car with me..Can't explain it so it makes sense, it was just this very warm comfortable feeling..Peaceful and comfy.
kades

Old 02-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #373
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
That's odd Texas, but on the way home in the car, I had been so cold my teeth were chattering..All of a sudden I started to feel warmth along my face and then my arms and then it changed to all over me..I just had this incredible feeling, as if my folks and everyone were there in the car with me..Can't explain it so it makes sense, it was just this very warm comfortable feeling..Peaceful and comfy.
kades
I'm always going to be there, maybe not body, but, in mind and spirit
Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #374
Master Chef

My celebration is not as big as kades, but, I am happy and proud of myself, so I wanted to crow a little. It has now been 7 days 5 hours, 33 minutes without a cigarette AND 72 hours without a Commit lozenge. The last 2 days were really hard and as someone said on here and on a healthboard to me, you have to go cold turkey or there is still nicotine in the system and I believe that with all my heart now. Today, I haven't even craved, NOT EVEN ONCE!!
I'm not eating everything either. LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #375
Executive Chef

that's great news texasgirl!!! you're on your way to kicking the nicotine habit. Keep the progress up!

Kades, how is the new system going for you? Is it working out okay? Wish I was closer to give you a helping hand
Old 02-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #376
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
My celebration is not as big as kades, but, I am happy and proud of myself, so I wanted to crow a little. It has now been 7 days 5 hours, 33 minutes without a cigarette AND 72 hours without a Commit lozenge. The last 2 days were really hard and as someone said on here and on a healthboard to me, you have to go cold turkey or there is still nicotine in the system and I believe that with all my heart now. Today, I haven't even craved, NOT EVEN ONCE!!
I'm not eating everything either. LOL
Good work Texas,
I knew you had it in you..I'm so proud of what you've done..Wish I could just give you a huge hug..but will give you this one
{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
Hang on my friend you are on your way.
kades
Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #377
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
that's great news texasgirl!!! you're on your way to kicking the nicotine habit. Keep the progress up!

Kades, how is the new system going for you? Is it working out okay? Wish I was closer to give you a helping hand
Hi Beth,
today is my first full day of doing this at home..Dh. is a big help and it's going pretty well..Last night was really hard as the fluid made me feel as if it were hard to breath..But, I sat up and just made myself relax and then things settled down and are now running smoothly. I wish you were closer too, not just for the help, but for the joy of knowing you better.
Thank you.
kades
Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #378
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
I am so proud of you Cj I knew you could handle this just fine, you are a trouper! God Bless you Hon, we are all behind you 100% with love and support !!! Best Ma in the world, plus my Ma too !!
Babs
Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #379
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L. View Post
I am so proud of you Cj I knew you could handle this just fine, you are a trouper! God Bless you Hon, we are all behind you 100% with love and support !!! Best Ma in the world, plus my Ma too !!
Babs
Babs,
thank you..I have gotten so much support and love and good feelings from everyone..I'm the luckiest person in the world. There is nothing so wonderful as good friends. I just hope that we all stay healthy and close now.
cj
Old 02-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #380
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I knew you'd do great cj! It will just get easier and easier as you get more used to it.

TG--Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing great!

Barbara