"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #411
Cook

They told me to talk to my current job and find out how much longer they want to keep me here and then to let Whole Foods know what day I would like to start. I've always given jobs a 2 week notice, but in my current job I am the only employee, and there are 4 owners of the business. And I know that they will take it personally that I am leaving, so after I tell them I don't know how long I will stick around because I think it's going to be really uncomfortable. And also Whole Foods said to pick the date I want to start, so hopefully I will start really soon. Oh, and I just got a nice tax refund today so maybe I will take off a couple days to relax too!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #412
Executive Chef

Oh yeah, I hate the time at work after you give notice. Sometimes it's downright hostile. But just keep thinking about your new job and don't let them get to you. It's awesome that you'll be getting good benefits, too. I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but here in Texas, decent benefits are becoming scarcer and scarcer. And almost every place has a 3-6 month waiting period before you are eligible for benefits. On top of that, lots of places only hire temps now - contract workers - so there are no benefits ever. Anyway, congrats again. Let us know how this goes and all about your new job.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #413
Master Chef

Congrats krichardson!!!

Must be a day for jobs, MY SON GOT ONE TOO!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Things are also happening at my job, will explain later.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #414
Cook

Thank You Fisher's Mom and Texasgirl! Yea Texasgirl, congrats to your son! Hope what's going on at your job is good!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #415
Executive Chef

Super great krichardson - every blessing for a quick start and no aggro from the current job.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #416
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichardson View Post
Thank You Fisher's Mom and Texasgirl! Yea Texasgirl, congrats to your son! Hope what's going on at your job is good!
I was given the bigger facility because of something that happened with the other manager, bigger responsibility, but, busier. Also, are going to start putting us on insurancedh will have insurance now!! Also, more money.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #417
Executive Chef

You and your son both, Stacy??? This is fantastic! I'm so happy for ya'll. I don't know what's up with all these wonderful happenings but I think I'll mosey down and buy a lottery ticket.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #418
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Congratulations on all the jobs (and on the insurance Stacy)!

I still haven't found one, but I really kind of have to put serious job searching on hold until I get back from California next month. I have about a zillion things to list on ebay but haven't done it yet. Depression stinks.

My celebration--James will be home in about 3 hours! Yay!

Barbara
Old 02-23-2008, 10:17 AM   #419
Master Chef

barbara, I missed this yesterday, but, I am so happy that he is back home with you!!

Today is our 23rd anniversary. I really didn't know if we would ever make it this long. Noone thought we would get past a few years LOL, now, we are the only ones left, of all of our friends that we grew up with, still married to the same person. I think things are going to finally start looking up now. I can feel it!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #420
Everymom

Woohoo!! Happy Anniversary Stacy! That is really special.

Barbara, hug James hello from me too. I miss that big lug around here! I'm so glad he's home!