"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #441
Executive Chef

I just opened today's mail and got a letter from the National Marrow Registry. Apparently I'm a potential match for someone needing a bone marrow or stem cell transplant! I registered 14+ years ago and have never been called to donate. I'm supposed to call them and tell them if I'm still available to be a donor and then give them a blood sample for further matching. I'm kind of excited at the possibility of being able to do this. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #442
Executive Chef

Wow that is a long wait. Hope it goes well.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #443
Traveling Welcome Wagon

That's great Fisher's Mom! I'm registered too. I got something once that said I was a potential donor and they would let me know if they needed me. Evidently they found someone else.

Barbara
Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #444
Master Chef

That is great!! What a wonderful thing to know, that you helped another person to live!!
Old 03-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #445
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
congratz to you :)
Old 03-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #446
Executive Chef

Thanks ya'll! Of course, it's the first time I've ever been even a potential match so maybe it will be like with Barbara and someone else will be a better match. But the idea of being able to help someone get healthy with almost no effort on my part - how often does that kind of opportunity come along?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #447
Chef Extraordinaire

Great Terry, I so admire people who go out of their way to help others..You should be so proud of yourself..

kadesma
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #448
Chef Extraordinaire

We celebrated little Carson's 3rd. birthday today...I was surrounded by my babies all day and was it wonderful...

kadesma
Old 03-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #449
Cook

I saw the marks of my chemistry lab questions and report as well as the mark for a microbiology term test I had on last Wednesday. Chemistry was 100% on the questions (only were 2 questions) and report was 85%. On the microbiology test, somehow I got a mark higher than I expected, which was 75%.I was very busy, so I didn't get tons of studying in that I had hoped for. Anyways, I got 89%, which I'm absolutely amazed at.

In addition, I made a successful dinner and a great cake with few injuries (such as cutting my finger on broken glass and a few other injuries as usual). I just told my parents about the marks and my mother was so glad, I thought she was going to faint. My father was also happy at the marks.

Today must have also been a good day since my cousin not only passed a math test but got a 70% on it. That may seem unimpressive to some, however, before she was getting marks around 30% then slowly got to getting 50%. Now, her last one was 70%.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #450
Executive Chef

Woo Hoo! I just got back from the video game store with a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl! It was a midnight release and when I rolled up, there was a long line outside the store but I got one!!!! This game is one all my kids can play so everyone is happy.