Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The building behind us is a dance school. I am choosing to celebrate th efact that I now have Carmen full volume next door! One could get frustrated, but hey, its Carmen, its not like I have something with a heavy beat (always frustrated when I can only hear a beat, either turn it down, or turn it up, so I can at least hear the music!). Think what nightmare music one could have to put up with from your neighbours, I am considering myself very lucky! :)

Good for you Alix. Want to come over to do some cleaning here? My maid quit on us cause she thought the house was too big. Thankfully, kids help clean and hubby helps cook. I'm so proud and grateful of Carlos for cooking wonderful meals for us. He finally learned! I'm so thrilled about that! I can't wait to hear about your vacation girl! When are you coming back?Corazon,Those little ones can be so adorable. Enjoy them while they're young.We just celebrated our son's 4th birthday on Saturday. We had a Fiesta/Nacho Libre theme kinda thing going on. The decorations turned out great thanks to my daughter and her friend. The food was of course, Mexican, and we had some "corn on the cob" and lots and lots of "corn chips"! LOL Everyone had so much fun. My digital cam is down so I'm not able to share any pics.

This isn't something that I've done, just a good thing for me, for once
MY BABY IS COMING TO VISIT!!!
Yes, I know he is far from a baby, but, I have missed him so much. He will be here on February 10th and staying for a week!! I can't wait!!!

texasgirl said:
Yes, I know he is far from a baby, but, I have missed him so much. He will be here on February 10th and staying for a week!! I can't wait!!!
WOOHOO, now that is something to celebrate:)

kadesma

This might only mean something to those of you who have/like cats, but today I was finally relieved that one of my favorite outside kitties, Squeakers, is going to be okay. He's one of 6 who live outside.

For the last couple of weeks he seemed to have lost interest in eating, playing, petting, everything. He is my baby and it really got to me. He'd always run to me when I went outside and we would have a delightful, loving pet session.

He spent several days sleeping in an old wicker baby carriage without even looking up when I put their daily meals and milk out. Even when I went over to check on him and pet him, he just kept sleeping. Didn't even acknowledge me.:( He started to lose weight, which is never a good sign.

Late Sunday he started to become more intersted in eating and had a few bites of supper and a couple of laps of milk. He ate more yesterday and, today, he ran to meet me as I opened the breakfast room door with their breakfast. Right now he's sleeping in a pile of leaves in the sun. I think my little Squeakers is feeling a lot better. I am, too.:)

texasgirl said:

I am so happy for you, I know how you feel. When our oldest son Dan from Denver or our youngest son Mike from Madison come home to visit, you just get that warm feeling in your heart. Life is so short, I hated it when they left town. But I know they have to live their own lives. Now the grandchildren have moved too. Thank God 3 of my children stayed here in town.(sorry I didn't mean to carry on so).

JoAnn L. said:
I am so happy for you, I know how you feel. When our oldest son Dan from Denver or our youngest son Mike from Madison come home to visit, you just get that warm feeling in your heart. Life is so short, I hated it when they left town. But I know they have to live their own lives. Now the grandchildren have moved too. Thank God 3 of my children stayed here in town.(sorry I didn't mean to carry on so).
Joann, you can carry on anytime. Children, may be difficult to handle and many times we wonder if they will ever be on their own. Then that day comes and we realize, time sped by far to quickly. I think I would be completely lost of any of my four moved away..My grandkids are what keep me putting one foot in front of the other..

kadesma

kadesma said:
Joann, you can carry on anytime. Children, may be difficult to handle and many times we wonder if they will ever be on their own. Then that day comes and we realize, time sped by far to quickly. I think I would be completely lost of any of my four moved away..My grandkids are what keep me putting one foot in front of the other..

kadesma

Thanks for understanding. I have another huge heartache, maybe someday I will be able to share it. JoAnn

texasgirl said:

That's great news! Enjoy every quality moment with your son.

I don't ever want mine to leave home but I know one day that will come.

My powers back on! We had a big storm and some water got in to the wiring, so everything was out since Monday night till just now, but in our landlord's cellar was a spare fridge freezer, so we saved all of our food and had a wonderful candlelit evening yesterday and what could have been a nightmare was a simple beautiful time! And we were not cold at all, even with no hot water or heating and a few sleet showers. It was almost like magic

I just had an amazing vacation and I'm now home with a cup of tea in hand and a warm purring kitty on my lap. Ahhhh! I feel soooooo much more relaxed than I did a while ago.

Do you celebrate when you see an Albino squirrel? Idunno.

Glad Squeakers is doing better!!!!! It's always troublesome when our voiceless children are sick.

Yippee, I had my first Italian lessons (4 per day!) in Milano! I was really scared (like a kid) and did not stop shaking all morning but my teacher and the other students are all really nice, and I am really pleased that all six students have a different first language.

lulu said:
Yippee, I had my first Italian lessons (4 per day!) in Milano! I was really scared (like a kid) and did not stop shaking all morning but my teacher and the other students are all really nice, and I am really pleased that all six students have a different first language.

Te l'ho detto, te l'ho detto!! I told you!! You will have a blast in the class I promise!! Have fun, and it will be the best thing you could do to get accustomed to using the language!! In bocca al lupo, good luck!!

Crepi!

for non Italian speakers, the good luck "In bocca al lupo" means "in the mouth of the wolf", to which the reply is "crepi" he dies!

Back
Top Bottom