"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #51
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Good for you, Michelemarie. I commend you for being a great mom. My 12 year old is working on his own homework and school projects now and we have less conferences with his teachers....thank goodness. It was just a matter of time for him to get his act together. DH works less and spends more time with him too. That is what our son needed to...a Dad.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Thanks Dina! I'm glad your son is doing good too! It is soooo hard to parent a teen - God help us all!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #53
Everymom

Alright Dina! I'm glad to hear that Justin has picked up the slack and is doing well.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #54
Everymom

My most recent celebration is my kids report cards. Madeleine got all A's and Kate (Bugs) brought home an overall average of 94.5%!! Holy cow! I am so proud I could bust!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #55
Head Chef

Wow, you all have such great kids.....maybe one day I'll have a DC kid too, lol. It makes me really happy to hear about all these good things happening to good people. :)

My celebration is we finally fixed a date for me to join DH in Italy. I spent a fortune on car insurance (like a month's salary type fortune) and have arranged the cats and me to go in the Channel Tunnel in our car and drive over on Annunciation holiday in Italy. So, it suddenly feels very soon, and although I am now having packing-terrors, the idea that soon DH, the cats and I will all be in one place again is so good!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #56
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Alix, fantastic news! What great news! Lulu! Awesome! I am so happy for you! Be safe traveling!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #57
Executive Chef

We had our first snow of the season last night. A couple inches at our house. Aidan woke up and said "I'm gonna put on my boots and my jacket to go outside!" He was excited and played in the yard for a half hour until his "thumbs got too cold."
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 PM   #58
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Cool Alix! Congratulations to your girls. They take after their smart mom. Thanks Michelemarie. I even got an email from one of his teachers that he did really well on his last math test. I was afraid to open the email, then finally...took a deep breath, opened it and it was GREAT NEWS! He had passed his test. Sigh!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #59
Head Chef

OK, I know I am harping on about this, but its only one more night I have to spend apart from DH! He is meeting me for the journey, whther here or Calais depends on when he can leave work but I can't wait.....speaking of which I'll paak the Mac tomorrow morning and won't have connectionimmeadiately in Milan, so I might be a while visiting here.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #60
Everymom

Oh lulu, I'm excited FOR you. I hope you have a wonderful reunion and that you aren't missing too long. Hugs!