"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #701
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'm happy for you that you found a new job Stacy. It doesn't pay much, as you said, but maybe it will either work into a higher salary there, or the experience will allow you to get a better job somewhere else.

Praying for you, and for those poor people! Just teasing! But I am praying for you--that you will enjoy your work and that it will work into something more financially feasible.

Barbara

Old 10-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #702
Master Chef

Thanks you guys!!lol, youngest said he was going to go in there and warn all those poor people, lol I told him I would just drive off without him, hehe

Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #703
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Glad you found a job Stacy! Good luck.

I'm excited because tomorrow is the candle light for the retreatants. I get to see my son, Justin, and hug him once again. I know by now he has been touched by the Holy Spirit in this retreat. His kind heart and compassion will let all the goodness in.

Then Sunday's mass will be dedicated to all the teen retreatants then all the families will celebrate with a big meal at the parish hall. I'm so happy for him and all the kids that decided to know more about Christ.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #704
Head Chef

Congratulations Stacy!!! I know you have been looking for a job for a while!

That is awesome that you get to see your son tomorrow Dina. I hope he had a great time at the retreat.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #705
Traveling Welcome Wagon

That's great Dina!!

I have a little celebration too. Other than picking at it here and there, I haven't spent any time working on my book in months. I was struck with inspiration tonight and just wrote a little over a page. I know that doesn't seem like much, but sometimes I don't write more than a paragraph or a sentence in that time.

Barbara
Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #706
Chef Extraordinaire

Congratulations Stacey, Dina and Barb..I'm thrilled for all of you and Dina for you boy, how wonderful for him choosing to know more brings him closer to the LORD..You must be so very proud.Stacey good luck take em by storm girl. Barb, keep working you can do it..Fight the depression, we can do it together..I'll pray for you as always..
kadesma
Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #707
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thank you cj! I can use all the prayers I can get!

Barbara
Old 10-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #708
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
That's great Dina!!

I have a little celebration too. Other than picking at it here and there, I haven't spent any time working on my book in months. I was struck with inspiration tonight and just wrote a little over a page. I know that doesn't seem like much, but sometimes I don't write more than a paragraph or a sentence in that time.

Barbara
I once read that a writer should write everyday, even if it's a thought or reflection of your day. It helps keep thoughts flowing. You can do it Barb. Keep writing.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #709
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I do write every day, but unfortunately it is mostly here! You are right though, I need to get back to writing my book. I had gotten into the habit of keeping it open on my computer whenever I am on it, and I have gone back to that. I also have a little digital recorder to bring with me, so that if an idea hits while I am away from the computer I won't forget it.

Barbara
Old 10-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #710
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I once read that a writer should write everyday, even if it's a thought or reflection of your day. It helps keep thoughts flowing. You can do it Barb. Keep writing.
I've read this, too. Stephen King wrote a book about the whole process. I think it is titled On Writing. Anyway, he said that not writing every day is death to a writer!