Okay, yesterday I wrote in the venting thread that I was looking forward to getting out of that thread and posting here. Well I have so much to celebrate just in the last 24 hours that I will do it in point form.
- I stood up to our contractors, site managers, insurance agent and restoration company and things are finally starting to happen in our townhouse!
- I went to see my surgeon and found out that I don't have to have a wicked straightening procedure done on my leg and that he is really happy with my progress
- Though my leg is not 100 percent straight I start pool therapy tomorrow and that should bring me close.
- I can start driving any time. I haven't driven for over a year and have not been able to try out our new car we got in July!
- I don't have to see the surgeon for another year.
- The knee replacement I had done seems to have helped other problems and I won't have to have my left knee and hip done for a long time....if ever.
- DH got a huge Christmas bonus after working only 3 weeks so far at his new job.
- I am back in cooking and baking mode and made some fancy cookies for an event last night
- DH just called to say he passed his commercial driver's license, one of the last qualifications for his new job!
- I talked to my Dad last night and he told me how proud he was of both DH and I with all we have been through. He has only told me he was proud of me one other time in my 50 years and it was the day I graduated culinary school.
So, I am walking on sunshine, dancing up a storm and smiling from ear to ear! I ALMOST don't care if it does snow here.....almost but now quite!