Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just opened today's mail and got a letter from the National Marrow Registry. Apparently I'm a potential match for someone needing a bone marrow or stem cell transplant! I registered 14+ years ago and have never been called to donate. I'm supposed to call them and tell them if I'm still available to be a donor and then give them a blood sample for further matching. I'm kind of excited at the possibility of being able to do this. I'll keep ya'll posted.

That's great Fisher's Mom! I'm registered too. I got something once that said I was a potential donor and they would let me know if they needed me. Evidently they found someone else.

:)Barbara

Thanks ya'll! Of course, it's the first time I've ever been even a potential match so maybe it will be like with Barbara and someone else will be a better match. But the idea of being able to help someone get healthy with almost no effort on my part - how often does that kind of opportunity come along?

Great Terry, I so admire people who go out of their way to help others..You should be so proud of yourself..

kadesma:)

We celebrated little Carson's 3rd. birthday today...I was surrounded by my babies all day and was it wonderful...

kadesma:)

I saw the marks of my chemistry lab questions and report as well as the mark for a microbiology term test I had on last Wednesday. Chemistry was 100% on the questions (only were 2 questions) and report was 85%. On the microbiology test, somehow I got a mark higher than I expected, which was 75%.I was very busy, so I didn't get tons of studying in that I had hoped for. Anyways, I got 89%, which I'm absolutely amazed at.

In addition, I made a successful dinner and a great cake with few injuries (such as cutting my finger on broken glass and a few other injuries as usual). I just told my parents about the marks and my mother was so glad, I thought she was going to faint. My father was also happy at the marks.

Today must have also been a good day since my cousin not only passed a math test but got a 70% on it. That may seem unimpressive to some, however, before she was getting marks around 30% then slowly got to getting 50%. Now, her last one was 70%.

Woo Hoo! I just got back from the video game store with a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl! It was a midnight release and when I rolled up, there was a long line outside the store but I got one!!!! This game is one all my kids can play so everyone is happy.:)

Happy Birthday Carson!
14.gif

I saw the marks of my chemistry lab questions and report as well as the mark for a microbiology term test I had on last Wednesday. Chemistry was 100% on the questions (only were 2 questions) and report was 85%. On the microbiology test, somehow I got a mark higher than I expected, which was 75%.I was very busy, so I didn't get tons of studying in that I had hoped for. Anyways, I got 89%, which I'm absolutely amazed at.

In addition, I made a successful dinner and a great cake with few injuries (such as cutting my finger on broken glass and a few other injuries as usual). I just told my parents about the marks and my mother was so glad, I thought she was going to faint. My father was also happy at the marks.

Today must have also been a good day since my cousin not only passed a math test but got a 70% on it. That may seem unimpressive to some, however, before she was getting marks around 30% then slowly got to getting 50%. Now, her last one was 70%.
Congratulations on the good marks! Also on the successful dinner and cake!

What a delightful afternoon!

Buck and I drove about an hour away to see a matinee theater production of Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It was presented by a well-established community theater.

Now, normally we wouldn't drive this distance - gasoline being what it is - to see such a performance. We did because my youngest brother was in the show and was playing the part of a critical character, Slim, if you are familiar with the story.

We had a beautiful day for the hour-long drive and arrived at the theater in plenty of time.

WWOOWW!! What a performance...by all the actors!!!! There were several times during the show that moved both of us to tears. We were not expecting such polished performing.

It was great. The dog of one of the cast members even turned out an award-winning performance.

What a treat today was!!!!

I know this might seem silly to some, but to me it was satisfying and wonderful..Since I got sick, I haven't had the little ones here to take care of..Nor have I been able to pick them up..I could sit and hold them if someone put them on my lap..But as much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't the same..Today, I got to watch Ethan and Olivia for 4 hours and oh my was it great..Poor Livi fell and hurt her hands and knees on the gravel and without even thinking I bent down and picked her up and she snuggled in my arms, putting her little head on my shoulder..DH, about had a fit thinking I might have pull my dialysis access, but I didn't everything is fine and I now know I can pick up Livi or Carson without worry..Just be careful in how I do it..You can't imagine how good it felt to hold that little girl in my arms..Even my Dh said he wanted to cry at how she clung to me..Right now, I am so happy and glad to have had this chance to hold my little girl again..I'm sorry she had to fall to get me going, but she is fine and so am I..Makes me feel as if somebody up there loves me..
kadesma

I know this might seem silly to some, but to me it was satisfying and wonderful..Since I got sick, I haven't had the little ones here to take care of..Nor have I been able to pick them up..I could sit and hold them if someone put them on my lap..But as much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't the same..Today, I got to watch Ethan and Olivia for 4 hours and oh my was it great..Poor Livi fell and hurt her hands and knees on the gravel and without even thinking I bent down and picked her up and she snuggled in my arms, putting her little head on my shoulder..DH, about had a fit thinking I might have pull my dialysis access, but I didn't everything is fine and I now know I can pick up Livi or Carson without worry..Just be careful in how I do it..You can't imagine how good it felt to hold that little girl in my arms..Even my Dh said he wanted to cry at how she clung to me..Right now, I am so happy and glad to have had this chance to hold my little girl again..I'm sorry she had to fall to get me going, but she is fine and so am I..Makes me feel as if somebody up there loves me..
kadesma
Now, on what universe would that sound silly? It sounds wonderful cj! And somebody up there does love you, as well as the person typing this message, and everyone else who knows you.

Now, on what universe would that sound silly? It sounds wonderful cj! And somebody up there does love you, as well as the person typing this message, and everyone else who knows you.

Thanks Barb, I've been so lucky to have found Dc and all the family here..You all have been life savers for me..I love you all..

kades

Thanks Trish,
Yesterday felt like old time. I miss having my little ones here like before..It takes all my will power not to show up at the baby sitters house..She just lives about 4 blocks away and the kids are there every day now..I asked Ethan if he was going to Lillians today and he said yes, but I don't want to, I want to come here with you ma...Oh boy, hold back the tears..Maybe one day I can have them here a couple of days a week.. I'm praying for that.

kades

But... you still get your Sunday family dinners don't ya?? I hope so. They sound like the perfect way to spend time and spread love around.

Kadesma - enjoy all you have got & I hope you can look after them again. It is so great for children to have their grandma easily accesible. I regret so much that my mum died when Nicholas (her only grandchild at that point) was 1. They and she have missed so much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom