Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, this is kind of a combination vent/celebration! Since we're not out any money, I'll go with celebration.

I was a Secret Shopper for the movie theater we went to the most. I paid $50 a year, and in exchange got 8 movie tickets and 4 $10 gift certificates for concessions (2 tickets and 1 certificate each quarter). Once every quarter I was to see a movie, order a medium drink and medium popcorn (I could change the order afterwards, and always did), and fill out a short report online. I was supposed to report whether the concessions person offered to upsize the drink and popcorn order, whether management was visible on the floor, if the volume and picture quality were good, etc. It was easy and fun.

Well, Consolidated Theater Group just sold out to Regal Cinemas, effective May 1st. Because of that, the Secret Shopper program is no longer in effect. Fortunately, they will still honor the tickets we had. Also (here's the celebration part of it), since I had paid for the year, they sent the rest of the tickets and gift certificates that were owed me. They also (accidentally, or just being nice?--Who knows, maybe because I emailed the director of the program and told her, truthfully, that I had enjoyed the program and that she was always very helpful when I had questions or problems?) sent an extra set. I already have 4 movie tickets that I won in a sweepstakes, so we now have 12 movie passes and $40 worth of gift certificates. Yay! We love movies! We call them mini-vacations.

One of the things I loved about the program was that with the certificates we could go to the movies at night with the grown-ups! I love kids, but sometimes if you go during the matinee times, it can get pretty loud.

There is a possibility that the new theater group has a program similar to that one. I hope so, and if they do, I hope I can do it for them too.

:)Barbara
P.S. Guess where we're going tonight?! LOL

GOT THE JOB!!!
I gave 2 weeks notice at the storage facility. He told me that if I EVER needed a job and there is an opening, he will hire me back in a second!! I wish I liked the job better, but, I just don't.
This one is the graphics that I love to do and the hours, monday-Thursday 6:30 -5!! WOOHOO, I love those hours. Had them at BIL sign company and it's great. I have a day to do what I need at places that aren't open on the weekend then, the whole weekend!!!
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Stacy,
I'm so happy for you..You deserve this and I know how much you will give to your new employer..They have know idea how great you will be for them..Way to go girl:LOL: Enjoy...
cj

That's great Stacy!

I just gave notice also. I said I will stay as long as they need me while they look for someone else. I will, but truthfully I hope that when she does the schedule for next week (and all the weeks afterwards) I'm not on it. I love my job and the people I work with, and I really love the kids I work with. However I have felt a calling in the last 3 weeks to do something else. First about the job I'm leaving, then more about that.

I work 19 miles from home, 1.5 to 2 hours a day, just 4 days a week. I work late afternoons, after school hours. It is hard spending so much on gas for so few hours, and being at that time of day really seems to kill the day. Because of my weird sleeping habits, I end up getting nothing much done before work, and when I get home it is time to fix supper.

Okay, why I made the decision. About 3 Sundays ago, toward the end of the church service I had a flash of a thought that came seemingly from out of left field. It was so fast it was barely a complete thought, but that flash of a thought was, "Quit your job and work on your book." I couldn't do anything based just on that, so I kept looking for confirmation.

I really feel good about making the decision. I plan to make my full-time job working on my book, sewing, ebay, and sweepstaking. Yes, I know that sounds weird, and I may change directions again someday, but for now this is the direction I feel I should be going.

Before I started the job I am now getting ready to leave, I was at home all day and never got anything done (depression). I never seemed to find the time to write. Last Tuesday my boss called and said that there was a schedule change and they didn't need me. Well, I got a ton of writing done that day. It was kind of like I was being shown that I always did have the time, but I was filling it with stupid stuff. Tuesday I felt like I had been handed a few extra hours.

I mentioned sweepstaking as part of my schedule, which reminds me, James won a cute set of two cups (no handles) with leather sleeves on them that say International Delights on them, two spoons, and two cute wood coasters today.

Last edited:
That's great Stacy!

I just gave notice also. I said I will stay as long as they need me while they look for someone else. I will, but truthfully I hope that when she does the schedule for next week (and all the weeks afterwards) I'm not on it. I love my job and the people I work with, and I really love the kids I work with. However I have felt a calling in the last 3 weeks to do something else. First about the job I'm leaving, then more about that.

I work 19 miles from home, 1.5 to 2 hours a day, just 4 days a week. I work late afternoons, after school hours. It is hard spending so much on gas for so few hours, and being at that time of day really seems to kill the day. Because of my weird sleeping habits, I end up getting nothing much done before work, and when I get home it is time to fix supper.

Okay, why I made the decision. About 3 Sundays ago, toward the end of the church service I had a flash of a thought that came seemingly from out of left field. It was so fast it was barely a complete thought, but that flash of a thought was, "Quit your job and work on your book." I couldn't do anything based just on that, so I kept looking for confirmation.

I really feel good about making the decision. I plan to make my full-time job working on my book, sewing, ebay, and sweepstaking. Yes, I know that sounds weird, and I may change directions again someday, but for now this is the direction I feel I should be going.

Before I started the job I am now getting ready to leave, I was at home all day and never got anything done (depression). I never seemed to find the time to write. Last Tuesday my boss called and said that there was a schedule change and they didn't need me. Well, I got a ton of writing done that day. It was kind of like I was being shown that I always did have the time, but I was filling it with stupid stuff. Tuesday I felt like I had been handed a few extra hours.

I mentioned sweepstaking as part of my schedule, which reminds me, James won a cute set of two cups (no handles) with leather sleeves on them that say International Delights on them, two spoons, and two cute wood coasters today.

how will this work out budget wise. james is still waiting to hear on job, right. is he working while waiting.

babe
if this is to nosey tell me to back off.

:question:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom