Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so proud of Cubbie! I took him to "doggie school" over a year ago, and he did really well, but due to a lot of things, I have not worked with him as much as I should have. He always sits when told, and he does "down," and he does well with "leave it," but it is usually with something non-edible. Tonight I had a chicken nugget for him, and he knew it. When he wasn't looking, I set the chicken nugget in my seat and walked away. When he went near it, I said, "Leave it." He walked away. About 30 seconds later he went over to it again. He leaned in and actually was touching it with his mouth when I again said, "Leave it." As much as he loves chicken nuggets he walked away! In fact, when I told him, "Take it," he wouldn't until I picked it up and handed it to him. I know that if I had walked into the other room the temptation would have become too much for him, but I was proud of him for resisting one of his favorite treats just because I told him to. :cool:

:)Barbara

Well, while many of you were celebrating Thanksgiving yesterday, I had much to be thankful for and celebrate as well.

I can now extend my leg to 6 degrees from being perfectly straight (3 degrees better than Tuesday and best since my second surgery) AND my physiotherapist is discharging me from the rehab program as of Tuesday!!! I still have work to do, but she figures I can do it at home and at the pool. She said she is very proud of my perseverance through this.

But the icing on the cake is that I only have to use my cane at my own discretion (long walks, Costco, etc.) This is so big for me because I have been on it for three years now and didn't figure before the surgery I would ever be able to go without it.

Thanks EVERYONE for your support, patience, prayers and love. I honestly couldn't have done it without you!

YAY LAURIE!!!!!! Good for you!! I knew you would do it! You are too strong to lay down!! WOOHOO!!
img_734291_0_bd0265731b2e12e9a089eb755a288d9c.gif

Laurie,
i'm so very happy for you...You've worked long and hard and put up with so much to get to this point...This is just wonderful sweetie...Keep working on it and prayers and good thoughts come your way.
kades

Okay, yesterday I wrote in the venting thread that I was looking forward to getting out of that thread and posting here. Well I have so much to celebrate just in the last 24 hours that I will do it in point form.

- I stood up to our contractors, site managers, insurance agent and restoration company and things are finally starting to happen in our townhouse!
- I went to see my surgeon and found out that I don't have to have a wicked straightening procedure done on my leg and that he is really happy with my progress
- Though my leg is not 100 percent straight I start pool therapy tomorrow and that should bring me close.
- I can start driving any time. I haven't driven for over a year and have not been able to try out our new car we got in July!
- I don't have to see the surgeon for another year.
- The knee replacement I had done seems to have helped other problems and I won't have to have my left knee and hip done for a long time....if ever.
- DH got a huge Christmas bonus after working only 3 weeks so far at his new job.
- I am back in cooking and baking mode and made some fancy cookies for an event last night
- DH just called to say he passed his commercial driver's license, one of the last qualifications for his new job!
- I talked to my Dad last night and he told me how proud he was of both DH and I with all we have been through. He has only told me he was proud of me one other time in my 50 years and it was the day I graduated culinary school.

So, I am walking on sunshine, dancing up a storm and smiling from ear to ear! I ALMOST don't care if it does snow here.....almost but now quite!
Celebrate%20Freedom.jpg

Yipppppppppppppppppppppppie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, SK, Kades and PDS. You and others here have done a lot to help me through this all. I could never gotten through this last year without DC.

Okay, yesterday I wrote in the venting thread that I was looking forward to getting out of that thread and posting here. Well I have so much to celebrate just in the last 24 hours that I will do it in point form.

- I stood up to our contractors, site managers, insurance agent and restoration company and things are finally starting to happen in our townhouse!
- I went to see my surgeon and found out that I don't have to have a wicked straightening procedure done on my leg and that he is really happy with my progress
- Though my leg is not 100 percent straight I start pool therapy tomorrow and that should bring me close.
- I can start driving any time. I haven't driven for over a year and have not been able to try out our new car we got in July!
- I don't have to see the surgeon for another year.
- The knee replacement I had done seems to have helped other problems and I won't have to have my left knee and hip done for a long time....if ever.
- DH got a huge Christmas bonus after working only 3 weeks so far at his new job.
- I am back in cooking and baking mode and made some fancy cookies for an event last night
- DH just called to say he passed his commercial driver's license, one of the last qualifications for his new job!
- I talked to my Dad last night and he told me how proud he was of both DH and I with all we have been through. He has only told me he was proud of me one other time in my 50 years and it was the day I graduated culinary school.

So, I am walking on sunshine, dancing up a storm and smiling from ear to ear! I ALMOST don't care if it does snow here.....almost but now quite!
Celebrate%20Freedom.jpg

Laurie... that is AMAZING!!! Talk about a turn of events!!!! You deserve to have a great day of celebration, I only wish I could be there to HUG you in person girlie!!! But I'm doing the happy dance for ya!!!

Finally Laurie, some good karma has found you!!!! I am so pleased. There are so many things we have to endure through life that at times it seems like we have been forgotten in the fortune race. But then things like this happen and the joy is that much sweeter! Glad you have got to the good times again. May they continue for many a year.

This thread has been dormant too long. I have some celebrations to share.

- Both my girls are done school for the year! And they both achieved the Principals award (average above 90%)
- Madeleine's ball team just won Silver in the premier division of the City finals! They ALMOST made gold. Madeleine hit a towering triple in the top of the 7th inning to drive home the tying run, and then slid home to bring their team ahead by one run. Unfortunately, they couldn't hold onto the lead, but holy cow what a game!
- Kate's team is heading to Provincial finals this weekend where in spite of crushing the tip of her finger a couple of weeks ago Kate will get to play.
- Mom is doing well on a new med and is receiving good care. Whew.
- Ken's mom is very well and healthy with no reoccurance of that weird virus.
- We are well and healthy (except for Kate's finger) and all have the day off today. We are going to go celebrate Canada with friends and the weather is cooperating!

So...happy day for me today.

Alix,
wonderful news, you have so much to be proud and happy about.Congratulations to the girls they are special. Glad both mom's are doing better. Have a wonderful weekend. You all deserve it.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom