Celebrity sightings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Ryan Stiles (I had to look this up but he plays Lewis Kiniski on the Drew Carey show) came into my work yesterday. I don't have a tv but I recongnized him when he left. I liked watching him on "Whose line is it anyway?" Is that show still on? I think that may be the first "celebrity" I've ever seen in real life. What are your experiences with celebrities in the real world?

I haven't seen many celebrities in a "normal" setting like you have. I have seen Howie Mandel while checking in at MGM Grand in Vegas. Also saw an old basket ball player while dining at a nice restaurant here in town. He used to play for our team. I didn't know who he was, but DH was excited to see him. I think that's about it.

Ozzy Newsome from The Cleveland Browns was at my school once. And Billy Huffsy who was on Fame, Days of Our Lives, and Married With Children. My cousin used to date his cousin. That's how I met him.

I loved Ryan Styles. The only time I ever see Who's Line Is It ? it's usually on cable as reruns. I think it's on Fox Family or something like that. Loved The Drew Carey Show.

let's see, my aunt used to be the secratary to the city manager, at that time many movies were made in the foothills. and getting permits went through my aunt, sooo this teenager got to go onto a few movie sets..I was lucky to meet Charelton Heston, and watch him draw a gate for the house he was having built, he described it in detail:LOL: Gregory Peck, who walked us around and chatted about his son, Carol Baker, snooty little thing, Jean Simmons, nice as pie, Got to see Bing Crosby at University of the Pacific, DH was in several shots there. Tuesday Weld, Janet Leigh, Fabian, Joe Penny from Jake and the Fat Man, in Palm Springs..Chuck Conners, Sat right next to Suzanne Sommers at dinner, she was dating my b-i-l then...Funny I don't remember much about her!!! met willie Mays at a dinner for some kids, he was wonderful with the kids.
Funny isn't it, we meet these people or see them and we get all tongue tied at best..But, if we just stop and look again, they are just like you and I, and I wonder if they are as happy as we are and content with our lives. I wonder!!!! Would I trade places with any of them..Maybe, if I could use the fame and money to help kids!!!
Other wise...NOPE
kadesma:LOL:

I grew up with Tom Arnold not a close friend but we know each other. I have been on the front page of The Ottumwa Courier will John Glenn. I worked with (Lea Michaels= Pen Name) who writes Harlequin romance novels. President Carter and the First Lady was to My Parents Home when I was 18. I have met Lou Brock and Bob Gibson when I was around 8 years old. Just to name a few.

We were staying at the MJM Grand in Vegas when the Jacksons were doing a family thing there. No Michael or Janet, but watched the family get out of the limo and come into the hotel. I got to say hi to Jermaine Jackson and shake his hand. Nice guy. The father is REALLY spooky looking.

Got to see Jacky Chan film Rush Hour 2 at the Cesar's Palace Imporium's Versachi store.

Talked to Richard Simmons at the Vegas Airport.

We saw Mike Tyson at the Imporium one day trying on sunglasses in one of the shops. Dumb me, I asked him for his autograph. I got a look that I never want to see again. Note to self-"NEVER ask Mike Tyson for an autograph".

I worked at the same KFC Mel Gibson worked at just not at the same time unfortunately! Really anybody I have seen none of you would ever have heard of cause they are fairly obscure Australians. I did go to a gymnastics comp. as a teenager and Rebecca Rig (who is married to Simon Baker the guy from some American drama show the name of which has completely gone out of my head!) was competing (i was helping add up the scores!)

When we lived in Hawaii, hubby used to have a job doing, among other things, meeting VIPs in the military world. Nothing famous there, but because he'd be at the airport, trying to greet people coming out of customs, he'd often see famous faces.

One experience I was in for was that he'd arranged a banquet for a Filipino-American conference. It was the (woe is me, I don't think it is there any more and it is the worlds' loss) Willows restaurant. Hubby and I never participated. We always had a table outside of the banquet room, and bought our own meals and drinks, while he ran back and forth managing the banquet. In a calm moment, a woman walked by. White stretch jeans, and high heeled cowboy boots. Bright red shiny western shirt with white fringe. Blond hair and ... well, lets say a certain part of her anatomy entered the room in front of her. Hubby commented to me --- "Who does she think she is, Dolly Parton?" Our waitress appeared at that moment, and said, "Excuse me sir, that IS Miss Parton." Hubby sent over a note that he had some foreign dignitaries in the next room (and at the time C&W music was very big in the PI and a lot of other countries). Miss Parton was very, very gracious, and went and visited and signed autographs. She'll always have a place in our hearts. By the way, she isn't just tiny, she's miniscule. Neither of us actually met her, but all the Filipino generals did, and we were grateful.

Sat back to back in with Lorraine Braca who was in the booth behind mine at the Northvale diner. Wouldn't dream of saying hi, or approaching. She did talk on her cell phone a lot, but then I guess that's part of an actor's life, to stay connected. I also saw Didi Conn (Frenchie from Grease) at the same diner, years ago. James Gandolfini is originally from Park Ridge, next to next town over, and comes in to the Blockbuster video store in our town, and will sometimes stop in at the Friendly's nearby, where, according to my daughter's friend who used to work there, he is fond of strawberry Fribbles (as we all are!).

Many years ago, before my husband and I married, we were living in London and went to a wonderful pub in Hampstead. I kept saying to my husband - 'I know that man sitting on the other side of the table'... We got chatting us, two friends and the famous one, his girlfriend and his two friends.... When the famous person heard my accent, he told me that he was Scots too.... 'Get away' I said.... 'With that accent, you must be a cockney'... He got very huffy about it.... it was only when they had been sitting opposite us for about 2 hours that I realised who the 'famous', so-called Scotsman was..... Rod Stewart!!! And I still say he's not Scots - his Dad IS a Glaswegian, but Rod grew up in Es*** and Hertfordshire, I seem to recall!

I know a few singers (who shall remain nameless) and a couple of Scottish comedians. Oh and does it count that I used to see J K Rowling when she sat in her brother in law's restaurant, penning the first HP novel? :mrgreen:

Ran into Richard Petty at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel. Ran into Rich (can't remember his last name) the snicklets guy at the airport.

Once gave Finnis Dake (Dake bible) a ride to the airport. Jim & Tammy Bakker. Oral Roberts.

Have met a lot of BBQ celeb's. Smokey Hale, David Klose, Chris Lily, Bif Bob Gibson, Myron Mixon and others.

Met Rick Flair (westler) at a catering function we were doing.

Dale Earnhardt Jr at a BBQ we were doing for his book signing.

There may be others, but all I can think of now.

Hosted and met Dennis Banks (a founder of the American Indian Movement)

Willie Dixon, iconic bluesman and songwriter. Quiet and shy.

Various members of the Chicago Blackhawks hockey team in the early 80', to the everlasting jealousy of my brothers. We shared a table at a little jazz club I used to like to go to.

Bud Freeman, famous jazz clarinetist from Chicago, now deceased. He was charming and a great raconteur.

Gloria Steinem. Very skinny, but full of herself.

Handy Husband met Donald Rumsfeld (short, wears boat shoes), John Ashcroft (also short), and Paul Wolfowitz (uninspiring speaker) during the rededication of the Pentagon one year after the 9/11 attack.

Raine - You met Rick Flair, too! My boys were VERY into wrestling when they were younger; and there were a lot of local WWF matches; we had an aisle seat at one of them, and Rick Flair - gasp - kissed my hand as he went by! Little guy, isn't he?:mrgreen:

Also was in an elevator with Harrison Ford- hubbie and I were going to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Museum of Natural HIstory in NY, and we were in the back of a packed elevator; hubby kept poking me in the back; thought he was just messing around, then when we all got off, he whispered 'look in front of you'; almost didn't recognize Ford; T-shirt, unshaven, jeans; was there with his 5 year old son to see the dinosaurs - and they went all around the exhibit with us! And yes, he's just as hunky in person!:angel:

Yep, Rick is a really nice guy. My husband has met a few more of the wrestler's when he worked at the tire store. They would all come in there to buy tires, etc. Ricky Steamboat used to come in quite often.

Quite a few folks live around here, wrestlers, NASCAR teams, John Boy & Billy (big Show).

Oh, forgot Whoppi, when we were extras for the movie Eddie.

I used to work for a NBC television affiliate and one time I very briefly met Rip Taylor. He did the weather and threw confetti everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom