Champions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you know NASCAR is SO much more better than football?????

Grace

cartwheelmac said:
Don't you know NASCAR is SO much more better than football?????

Grace

If they ran around the track in pads and hit each other, then it might be a sport.:mrgreen:

Grace, you can't see their cute bootys in NASCAR either.

It was quite a game yesterday folks, poor Ken nearly had a coronary in OT though!

Not a LOT different. Bigger field, only 3 downs and likely some other important thing I am forgetting. It was pretty cool last night though!

texasgirl said:
That's cool. Is it so different than ours?
Some rules are different....but basically, football is football.
There are three downs instead of four, which makes passing much more prevalent than in the NFL. The field is ten yards longer, the field is wider and the endzones are much larger. There's also an extra player on the field. There are other differences ...such as allowing more motion before the ball is snapped...and single points are awarded for kicking the ball through the endzone.
Texasgirl, you might be interested in knowing that our top receiver ranches in Texas during the off season. Jason Tucker also used to play for the Cowboys.

Grace, you can't see their cute bootys in NASCAR either.

You know, who really wants to see people's bootys???? Some benefits of NASCAR are that 2 of the drivers are from Texas, you can watch great commercials and you can see their cars unlike football.

Cameron and Grace

cartwheelmac said:
You know, who really wants to see people's bootys????
Um...that would be me. Was I not clear on that? LOL! :LOL:

cartwheelmac said:
you can watch great commercials
I thought the commercials were what folks really liked about the Superbowl?

cartwheelmac said:
and you can see their cars unlike football.

Cameron and Grace

Darn good thing you can't see cars in football. That would make for really painful tackles! :ROFLMAO:

In one commercial Dale Jr. plays football in his car!!!!!!!!!! They do not show that commercial anymore!!!!!! Also in the Super bowl you only get to see commercials once a year. With NASCAR you get to see commercials about 36 times a year!!!!

Grace

Last edited:
Ken said:
If they ran around the track in pads and hit each other, then it might be a sport.:mrgreen:

Rollerderby? :ROFLMAO:

I'm hiding my shame... I'm a Detroit Lions fan.... :unhappy:

John

Hey, theres not a thing wrong with detroit! Everyone has a bad time. Look at the Cowboys:wacko:
My favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Don't ask me why, I've like them since I was little.Of course, that's AFTER the Cowboys:LOL:
And yes, I remember Jason Tucker, my husband always said he's a bad mother, shush your mouth!

Jason is a bad :censored: ? Really? I guess he might be, but I have to say I think he is one of the few receivers out there with some class. After he makes an amazing circus catch there is no grandstanding or carrying on, just drops the ball and moves on to the next play. Sigh, I guess that means I am old, I miss the days when there was no crap in the end zone. It gets tough to teach the kids I work with about sportsmanship when they see so little of it displayed.

Alix said:
Jason is a bad :censored: ? Really? I guess he might be, but I have to say I think he is one of the few receivers out there with some class. After he makes an amazing circus catch there is no grandstanding or carrying on, just drops the ball and moves on to the next play. Sigh, I guess that means I am old, I miss the days when there was no crap in the end zone. It gets tough to teach the kids I work with about sportsmanship when they see so little of it displayed.

The show in the end zone is getting pretty sad. We see games of past when they played for the love of the game not the money. How they got hurt, and still played!
It's still fun to watch them play!
Hey I know a player ya'll can have, his name is Terrel Owens:LOL:

texasgirl said:
Hey, theres not a thing wrong with detroit! Everyone has a bad time. Look at the Cowboys:wacko:

Well, there's a bad time, and then there's the Lions.

Dallas, 3 Super Bowl Rings in the last 15 years.

Detroit, One playoff win (at least I was there) in my lifetime! (34 years and counting...) :sick:

As I used to tell the folks in Dallas when I lived there and they complained about the Cowboys - folks in Dallas don't know what bad football is!! :ROFLMAO:

John

texasgirl said:
Hey I know a player ya'll can have, his name is Terrel Owens:LOL:

If he promises to catch the ball, we'll take him!!

(BTW - we fired another coach today, I think that now puts us at 3 coaches in the last 36 months...)

John

ronjohn55 said:
(BTW - we fired another coach today, I think that now puts us at 3 coaches in the last 36 months...)

You know what they say....third time lucky!:cat: (I know it doesn't look like a Lion, but hey, it's the closest emoticon I could find.:neutral: )

Cameron and Grace,

You would probably like it around here. We live in the middle of the Nascar triangle (Charlotte, Rockingham, and Darlington). I am definitely not a Nascar fan, but it is neat to watch their cars going through town on the way to a race. Of course we don't see the cars, but most of their trucks are beautifully painted and look really nice. Some have elaborate pictures painted on them, and others have simple pictures on them.

Congratulations on your team winning Ken. If James and I are going to build that log cabin (ask Alix, LOL), I guess we will have to become Edmonton Eskimo fans!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom