Changed Your Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well In The Kitchen, I guess I really must say that PC's have made my life better! Otherwise, how would I have had someone from across the globe even passing a thought as to whether I was still on this earth or not?! That sentiment alone has to put a smile on your face to know that people care just enough to wonder where you are. There are days you wonder about your place in life and your impact on others. A forum like DC reaffirms that you exist past your limited circle (well in most people's cases).

And now, I am going in search of the thread you mentioned about me! ;-)

I adore the internet! What used to take me sooooo much time looking up and on the phone and researching is now available to me instantly. And online communities like DC are really like being able to take classes, in my case, because I would have a hard time going to cooking classes reliably but I've been able to learn a great deal here. I belong to a couple of other communities where I'm able to share some knowledge and support so it's really a give and take thing. I've been better able to manage my family's health care by being better informed. I make most of my purchases online, with the exception of groceries (which I'm looking forward to doing one day). All of this allows me more time to devote to my kids and my life. I love technology!!!

It has definetely changed my life.
Most of my recent friends I met on the net and there are real good real life friendships now..
Even my DH I met in the net for the first time.
You meet people from places all over the world and it makes you change your view of many things.

It's a great place to learn from experiences from others, get tipps how to make this or that better and avoid to make the same mistakes somebody already did.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad. I used to a real letter-writer. When I was on the road I wrote a newsletter that I sent to something like 20 people. Now I send a newsletter to a lot of people on the 'net. I guess it is six of one, half a dozen of another. I do like to be able to send a message to neighbors. I have freinds who live in Chicago, and it is nice to be able to email them. I have freinds I only hear from once or twice a year, and that is nice. PLUS I got a Southeast Asian care package this week .... Vietnamese and Thai food galore to bring sunshine to our lousy weather. Green curry soup is next on the menu. So I guess I'll have to weigh in with positive, after all, I'm here now, aren't I?

Back
Top Bottom