Changes are Comin' (I Hope)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lots of luck Hoot! Himself has been looking for 21 months and counting - the swamp isn't the only dismal place in the country, employment-wise. :( Got my fingers crossed and I'll add your name to Himself's when I pray for a job offer - seeing as how even though he's in IT also you guys aren't in the same job market. ;)

Yes, I guess they have a lot to go through...it is the waiting that kills, I am nearly as excited as you are Hoot :)

Best of luck, Hoot. My fingers are crossed for you. Get that job and let that beard grow right back! And get some tattoo's...maybe pierce something.....

Best of luck, Hoot. My fingers are crossed for you. Get that job and let that beard grow right back! And get some tattoo's...maybe pierce something.....
LOL I got a couple of tattoos, but they are in discreet places. And I got everything pierced that I will likely ever need. Thanks all!

A quick update. The job went to a fine gentleman. He has had years of experience and I can understand why they chose him. On the plus side, I have an opportunity to teach a few courses at the local community college as an adjunct instructor. The classes will start in October.

Bummer about the job app. I was wondering what had happened with that.

Sorry you didn't get the job, Hoot, but you will enjoy teaching. I was a grad assistant and an adjunct prof, it was a lot of fun. The students will enjoy your great sense of humor, and most likely will learn something! And it will look good on a resume.

Hoot, congratulations on your new teaching job. You never know where that could lead you. Perhaps someone who is one of the powers that be will hear a student raving about what a great teacher you are and start looking at you in a new light with a better job offer. :angel:

Sorry to hear about the job Hoot but teaching sounds like a good gig.
I work in a large data centre and we can't keep good IT guys. (I'm not an IT guy. Facilities maintenance is my role) IBM and HP keep stealing our networking guys and gals.

Back
Top Bottom