Cheapest airline tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Can anyone help.......
I'd like to fly my brother down from Newark Airport to Ft. Meyers and back, in late January for my father's 78th birthday.

Maybe the 26th, 27th, or 28th to the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. At least for 1 weeks time.

Is it cheaper to fly midweek to midweek. Or weekend to weekend? What is the cheapest online site to set this up? How far in advance is best? Is now a good time?
I think he usually flys Southwest, and has a stop over in Atlanta or Charlotte. That's no problem.
Any info would be a help. Thanks.

If you register with Southwest Airlines website, they send out what they refer to as "dings" every morning. I think it may be their way of filling the unused seats on flights.

When you recieve a "ding", you have a very narrow window in which to respond. And of course, the nearer you get to your departure date, the price goes down. Conversely, if you wait too long you run the risk of the flight being filled.

We travel to Las Vegas quite frequently, and always get great deals. In 2005, we flew round trip, Omaha to Vegas and back(non stop I might add), for 108$-for both of us!! Of course we waited until a week before we were leaving to buy our tickets, so that was cutting it close!!

We are going again in a couple of weeks, and our tickets this time around are 227$ each-still a pretty good deal, I think. Since my wife normally takes care of this, there are probably details I'm overlooking, but it is worth checking out.

Good Luck!!!

Thank you both. I got $249 rate - non-stop. I can't wait to see him. It's been acouple of years - not since my mom died 11/06.
This will be a very happy occasion.

Back
Top Bottom