"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Thanks, guys! What nice things to hear...You are very gracious. The project has been very long and very demanding. Game design/production is a very high stress field -- lots of rewards if things go well, very high risk if they don't. Studios can be shut down by the parent company if a game sells poorly. It takes nerves of steel to get a project successfully through to market, and the team has to be tough to make it through. But they're already planning the next game.

Andy's very special to his mom just because he's Andy. He's a good man.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

very cool their, you have every right to be proud. the game looks interesting too. gonna see if there's a demo available. hmmm, did you ever wonder where he gets his ideas for creatures and creepy-crawlies???

Old 05-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #13
Head Chef

Ideas for creatures and creepy crawlies? Well, of course, there's a lot of give and take among the team, so I'm sure he got input from other sources, but it could also be that food I used to serve him...You know, we were raising three hungry boys on a limited budget and living in CA where there are lots of juicy bugs and small, meaty reptiles... And I'm sure our bizarre lifestyle, living in a van and moving from place to place at night just ahead of the bounty hunter, produced some terrifying, memorable nightmares for the poor little tyke...

(copyright Peggy Beaudoin - Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely fictional. )
Old 05-29-2005, 02:22 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
you gotta be kidding me! wow thats so cool!

I always wanted to be a game designer. i am definately getting that game. I've always liked these scary intense games esp games with chainsaws.
masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #15
Head Chef

Thanks, Master! (I hope everybody knows my last post was a joke... )

Yes, the game should be great. It's now being tweaked, finessed, and gotten ready to go in five weeks. Cranky Pants' next game is all hush hush, but it sounds like a winner, too. Let me know how you like "Evil Dead: Regeneration" when you get a chance to play it! It's meant to be campy as well as intense; those movies were cult favorites and there's lots of irony and humor as well as gore.

(Cranky Pants is one of THQ's new studios, located in the Seattle area.)