Check out this Dachshund!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TL, obviously you have never been around that many wiener dogs...they are smart and have a fantastic sense of humor.

LOL! From the other side of the fence that is one looooong dachshund. I can't wait for the wiener dog races again this year.

I have secretly always wanted a Dachshund...one of my Saints could climb trees (okay, only to about the 4 ft off the ground mark, but still, she was vertical and climbing up the tree) when sufficiently motivated to get the squeaky toy (a/k/a as a fledgling robin). I am wondering if the dog climbs down the fence or if it jumps when escaping?

I'm thinking they taught it to do that and help it down. The dog seems quite content to just hang out at the top of the fence and never actually "escapes" like the title of the vid. I've seen med/lg working dogs go over a 6' vertical fence and jump to the ground, but I can't imagine a dox doing that without getting hurt... not from that high.
Unless it's got a rope on the other side and rappels down.

The person with the camera says something about, "you are soooo busted" so I thought that meant the little brat had climbed up several times. I wonder if it would walk along the fence rails?

Teaching one's dog to climb the fence would defeat the purpose of having a fence, I would think. I have taught dogs to climb the A-frame in agility class, so one could teach a dog to climb a fence, especially one like the one in the clip where the corner post provides something against which the dog can brace itself. I worried about the dachsie's back since they are prone to disc problems (poor structural design--long body, short legs).

I grew up with a doxie- she was a great watchdog! She made sure that George, our milkman was always on his toes... literally. He'd dance down the sidewalk while she would weave through his legs.

My parents had another doxie before I was around - Fritzie was so smart that dad taught him to stand on his head in the corner.
Young people: this is what the older generation did before video games and computers. LOL

Cute video!

Here is a picture of a dachshund I found yesterday:

Attachments

• Canine Loose.jpg
    Canine Loose.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 186

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom