'Cheesy' Theme Costume Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
I love a good costume ('fancy dress') party. This weekend my girlfriend and I are invited to one that has me stumped. It's theme is "cheesy". Now, I kinda have an idea in my head about what 'cheesy' is when I see it, but I must say that I've reached a bit of a dead end when trying to come up with costume ideas.

I don't want to put a lot of money into it, but am wondering if any of my foodie buddies can come up with an idea or two...

Anyone?...... Beuller?..... Beuller???

How about some kind of "super fly" pimp daddy look from the 70's? Can it be more cheesy than that????? Uh....no offense to any Mac Daddies that may be here! :LOL:

25993.jpg

Tacky Vegas Tourists

10993ak3.jpg

If it's dressy - buy a tux from a thrift store that's too small -- short sleeves, short pants, white socks. She could wear a tacky retro (prom-type gown - think Carrie) with big puffy sleeves, rhinestones/glitter & big hair & blood running down her dress.

John Travolta & Olivia N. John in "Grease' garb.

Elvis & Priscilla (in her wedding gown w big hair).
Still thinking.

Last edited:
Groucho and Harpo - is that cheesy or cheap? :LOL:

Sonny & Cher

Anything that is store-bought should be pretty cheesy - it's so near Halloween - anything on the store shelves yet?

How about a cheese head - that's about as cheesy as it comes, right?

Put a sheet over your head (cut out hole for head) and stuff to make lumpy - you can be cheese curd. You'll have to tie around your waist.

Anything that is store-bought should be pretty cheesy - it's so near Halloween - anything on the store shelves yet?

Yeah, this fits my definition of "cheesy", being cheap, shoddy, of poor quality. I immediately thought of a cheap store-bought costume of some sort.

Then I thought of polyester leisure suits. Those are scarier.:)

Lee

Yeah, this fits my definition of "cheesy", being cheap, shoddy, of poor quality. I immediately thought of a cheap store-bought costume of some sort.

Then I thought of polyester leisure suits. Those are scarier.:)

Lee

The "Velveeta" of cheesy! :ROFLMAO:

Tacky Vegas Tourists

10993ak3.jpg
I think we may have a winner! Thanks, everyone. I actually quite like several of the ideas here... but THIS one is cheesy with a local twist that everyone there will 'get'. (I kinda like the 'Grease' thing, too... and wouldn't mind seeing my GF in the Olivia catsuit thing, but she might look a bit like Halle's 'Catwoman'.)

Here we were... Vegas tourist (incl Elvis glasses and fanny pack - obscured in picture) and cheesy 80's girl.
228IMG_0235-med.JPG

Cute, cute, cute, Zee! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Don't your toes hurt w socks and thongs? :LOL:

Love it! Did you get any interesting comments at the party or did they not notice you were in costume?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara

P.S. Don't laugh! When my daughter was 9 or 10 I took her out trick-or-treating on Halloween--I dressed up as a little girl and Nancy was a pregnant woman. She had on a really loose top with a huge pillow underneath (if it were a real baby she would have been about 15 months pregnant). Several people asked what she was!

Back
Top Bottom