"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Thumbs up Chefography Returns Next Month on FN.

Did anyone watch this show when it was son last year? What do you think about it?

It returns next month. The featured celebs this time around will be Julia Child, Woldgang Puck and the guy on Ace of Cakes. Forgot his name - the one with the crazy laugh. Set your VCR's or your DVR's for this one.

In the past, the show featured celebs Emeril, Ray-Ray, Giada, Paula and Mario Batali.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Have they done Alton Brown yet? If so I missed it.
I like the Diners dives and whatever guy too but i guess he would be too new.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I can't remember. Which is why I didn't include him yet.

Oh yes, they did Bobby Flay as well. I never knew before, that he didn't finish high school.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Have they done Alton Brown yet? If so I missed it.
I like the Diners dives and whatever guy too but i guess he would be too new.
You're thinking of Guy Fieri, suzi. I like him, too. Hard to believe he's 40-years-old. Looks like a kid to me, but everyone his age looks like a kid to me.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Executive Chef

He sometimes acts like one. You know what they say; There's a little kid in ALL of us.

He has a kid as well. They might have him on the documentary next time.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
He sometimes acts like one. You know what they say; There's a little kid in ALL of us.

He has a kid as well. They might have him on the documentary next time.
Yes, Corey, he has two sons. And he, like Bobby Flay, didn't finish high school. However, he did enter college instead. Guess he's got some stuff in his noggin and determination. Also has several restaurants in California. He's a busy guy...Guy!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
hey, i just got over being close to (gulp) 34 could we pretend 40 IS still a baby?? Please??
My DH didn't graduate. He has got to be the brightest, most intelligent, patient person I know. I have a hard time putting all of someone's worth into education level and occupation. He is a truck driver. So he's a drop-out truck driver. I'd pay someone a bajillion bucks if they could tell that if they met him.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Yes, Corey, he has two sons. And he, like Bobby Flay, didn't finish high school. However, he did enter college instead. Guess he's got some stuff in his noggin and determination. Also has several restaurants in California. He's a busy guy...Guy!

Yeah, I believe Bobby Flay went to college as well. Must have gotten their GED's first, no?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah, I believe Bobby Flay went to college as well. Must have gotten their GED's first, no?
Actually, after working in a restaurant part-owned by his father, Bobby went straight from high school to the French Culinary Institute: Bobby Flay's Biography

You can watch part of the ones that have already aired on the Food Network: Chefography : Food Network

And Suzie - my DH is a former high-school teacher, now a school administrator, and we know that not everyone is suited for college. Doesn't mean they're not smart, just that sitting in class and studying from books doesn't jazz them It drives me nuts that there seems to be so much emphasis on everyone going to college, all jobs require college, you'll be nothing but a burger flipper if you don't go to college ... bull. There is a shortage of skilled workers like electricians and plumbers because there's too much "everyone has to go to college" hype.

Back to topic I saw most of the chefographies last time around and thought they were fun to watch. Looking forward to the next round.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Did anyone watch this show when it was son last year? What do you think about it?

It returns next month. The featured celebs this time around will be Julia Child, Woldgang Puck and the guy on Ace of Cakes. Forgot his name - the one with the crazy laugh. Set your VCR's or your DVR's for this one.

In the past, the show featured celebs Emeril, Ray-Ray, Giada, Paula and Mario Batali.
The Ace of Cakes guy is Duff - don't know his last name. That one should be interesting - in one of the episodes, they did a wedding cake that involved graffiti on a bus and the office manager said Duff used to do real graffiti. I think he was, let's say, not voted mostly likely to be a Food Network star when in high school