Chefography Returns Next Month on FN.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Did anyone watch this show when it was son last year? What do you think about it?:ermm:

It returns next month. The featured celebs this time around will be Julia Child, Woldgang Puck and the guy on Ace of Cakes. Forgot his name - the one with the crazy laugh. Set your VCR's or your DVR's for this one.

In the past, the show featured celebs Emeril, Ray-Ray, Giada, Paula and Mario Batali.

Last edited:
Have they done Alton Brown yet? If so I missed it.
I like the Diners dives and whatever guy too but i guess he would be too new.

I can't remember. Which is why I didn't include him yet.

Oh yes, they did Bobby Flay as well. I never knew before, that he didn't finish high school.

Last edited:
He sometimes acts like one. You know what they say; There's a little kid in ALL of us.

He has a kid as well. They might have him on the documentary next time.

He sometimes acts like one. You know what they say; There's a little kid in ALL of us.

He has a kid as well. They might have him on the documentary next time.

Yes, Corey, he has two sons. And he, like Bobby Flay, didn't finish high school. However, he did enter college instead. Guess he's got some stuff in his noggin and determination. Also has several restaurants in California. He's a busy guy...Guy!

hey, i just got over being close to (gulp) 34 could we pretend 40 IS still a baby?? Please??
My DH didn't graduate. He has got to be the brightest, most intelligent, patient person I know. I have a hard time putting all of someone's worth into education level and occupation. He is a truck driver. So he's a drop-out truck driver. I'd pay someone a bajillion bucks if they could tell that if they met him.

Yes, Corey, he has two sons. And he, like Bobby Flay, didn't finish high school. However, he did enter college instead. Guess he's got some stuff in his noggin and determination. Also has several restaurants in California. He's a busy guy...Guy!

Yeah, I believe Bobby Flay went to college as well. Must have gotten their GED's first, no?

Yeah, I believe Bobby Flay went to college as well. Must have gotten their GED's first, no?

Actually, after working in a restaurant part-owned by his father, Bobby went straight from high school to the French Culinary Institute: Bobby Flay's Biography

You can watch part of the ones that have already aired on the Food Network: Chefography : Food Network

And Suzie - my DH is a former high-school teacher, now a school administrator, and we know that not everyone is suited for college. Doesn't mean they're not smart, just that sitting in class and studying from books doesn't jazz them ;) It drives me nuts that there seems to be so much emphasis on everyone going to college, all jobs require college, you'll be nothing but a burger flipper if you don't go to college ... bull. There is a shortage of skilled workers like electricians and plumbers because there's too much "everyone has to go to college" hype.

Back to topic ;) I saw most of the chefographies last time around and thought they were fun to watch. Looking forward to the next round.

Did anyone watch this show when it was son last year? What do you think about it?:ermm:

It returns next month. The featured celebs this time around will be Julia Child, Woldgang Puck and the guy on Ace of Cakes. Forgot his name - the one with the crazy laugh. Set your VCR's or your DVR's for this one.

In the past, the show featured celebs Emeril, Ray-Ray, Giada, Paula and Mario Batali.

The Ace of Cakes guy is Duff - don't know his last name. That one should be interesting - in one of the episodes, they did a wedding cake that involved graffiti on a bus and the office manager said Duff used to do real graffiti. I think he was, let's say, not voted mostly likely to be a Food Network star when in high school ;)

I'm pretty sure he did win the 2nd "season" of that show.

I don't think we get that show here, but it sounds very similar to one we do get, "At The Table With". Some of the episodes are great!

The Ace of Cakes guy is Duff - don't know his last name. That one should be interesting - in one of the episodes, they did a wedding cake that involved graffiti on a bus and the office manager said Duff used to do real graffiti. I think he was, let's say, not voted mostly likely to be a Food Network star when in high school ;)

aghlghghlgh, that show drives me nuts. ok, so how many times can you show what you can do with fondant, and how many bumpy rides in the van, etc.
ok, so they're "artsy" people.

ya know what it's like to work with artsy people for 20+ years? they're miserable people, and suffer for their art, deservedly so!!

thanks, i'm done.

Jeez BT are you somehow related to my DH?
We had this same discussion day before yesterday.....
he says "so what, he made another cake."

aghlghghlgh, that show drives me nuts. ok, so how many times can you show what you can do with fondant, and how many bumpy rides in the van, etc.
ok, so they're "artsy" people.

ya know what it's like to work with artsy people for 20+ years? they're miserable people, and suffer for their art, deservedly so!!

thanks, i'm done.

Pssst, nobody tell BT I'm kinda artsy ...
photo.gif

i eat cakes for breakfast!

hmm, that doesn't sound as tough as it should. :rolleyes:

gg, the graphic artists at my job are quite a bunch (of nutjobs). and they're mean when their systems go down, like i made it happen.

so i make sure to turn on the lights when i walk into one of their rooms. often, the artists scatter under desks until the lights go out again...

Back
Top Bottom