Chicago / Northern Illinois Storms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sushi, and Michellemarie, get those candles/lanterns, and batteries ready! Keep safe guys!

I made it til morning, how 'bout you Sushi? We are unseasonable warm today, high of 85! However, more storms for this evening with large hail - again! Stay safe Sushi and Bluecat!

It rained pretty much all day yesterday for me. Gonna get into the upper 70's, and a 30% chance of rain.

Hope you all are okay. We are in a beautiful high pressure area, clear blue skies, but you did make me nervous. DH cut hay on Sunday and we expect to bale it this afternoon. Made me check my doppler radar map, looks clear until tomorrow, whew...

Here a link to the National Weather Service. Under "today's weather box," type your city's name, with a capital letter, then a comma, the state in caps, abbreviated, if you do not do this, it will not work,

"City, ST"

http://www.noaa.gov/

pretty neat site, look around, there's a bunch of information for your locality.

Michellemarie and I are both from the same small town, so she knows what a fabulous lightning show we had out here in the 'burbs last night! And the rain!! Wow! I thought for a few minutes that this reminded us of the big flood of 1996, where we got 17" in 17 hours, but thankfully it didn't last like that storm did. Hope everyone's trees and roofs survived all right.

BC

BlueCat said:
Michellemarie and I are both from the same small town, so she knows what a fabulous lightning show we had out here in the 'burbs last night! And the rain!! Wow! I thought for a few minutes that this reminded us of the big flood of 1996, where we got 17" in 17 hours, but thankfully it didn't last like that storm did. Hope everyone's trees and roofs survived all right.

BC

I missed the show but heard about it - I was out! I was not here for that storm but heard of the damage. Make sure that sump pump keeps pumping!

Back
Top Bottom